preacher

daredevil (frank miller)

new avengers

ultimate x-men

the incal 

lone wolf & cub (manga)

berserk (manga)

dark tower (stephen king)

So all the new Star Wars comics have me at my local comic store every Wednesday and I've basically been reeled in. I've never really read comics before, but a few series caught my eye and I'm really enjoying the revelation that not all comics are superhero related. There are so many series and so many publishers that it's kind of intimidating, so I need some recs. Here's what I've enjoyed immensely in the past couple of weeks:

Wytches

Descender

Intersect

Magneto (big X-Men fan)

Saga (maybe, a little irked by some of the dialogue, six issues in and I'm still unsure)

If you have any recommendations based on this list, please let me know. I would prefer modern or even ongoing series, but if you have something older in mind that's cool. I'm really into horror, sci-fi, weird shit, absurdism/existentialism, and melancholy atmospheres. I'm really not into any superheroes other than X-Men, sexism, action hero stuff, or war realism.

Thanks in advance!

Have you read Severed? It's by Scott Snyder (wytches) and is his best work, in my opinion, and legitimately creepy.

weirdest thing, I got an email from Discogs a few months ago, and they are running a beta for exactly that!

Woah!  I'm going to have to look into that, hopefully it's an open beta.

http://www.stashmycomics.comseems to be pretty similar, but the interface could use some streamlining.  Not sure how it would be using on mobile, which is where I'm going to want to know what I need the most.

Happy Free Comic Book Day!

Hopefully everyone had a great day at their shop. My store had a colouring contest for kids, and up to 8 comics (four as a base, then an extra 2 for a food bank donation and 2 extra for a costume. We brought in a big bag of food but no costumes. The Kaboom one has about a 10 different stories in it, a great start for the kids.

As an aside, If anyone is interested in any of the Marvel Star Wars titles (S.W., Vader, Leia, and Kanan) I've got the digital codes for all of them, I can get them to you for a buck a piece. I have the new Hawkeye 1 and 2 and some other ones too.