It's Official! RSD11 Releases List is Live!

Guest dunnnope

I would love to go because of the atmosphere Waterloo had last year, but I seriously wouldn't buy anything on that list. Maybe I read over some stuff too fast but it seems disappointing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think people have to realize that there is likely Record Store Day and then record store day. i am sure that RSD has deadlines and criteria that need to be followed in order to have releases included on their official list. plenty of other people are participating, but i guess some people just do it on their own. like rev can distro their own stuff... they know who wants it, how many, and then they'll probably save a few copies of their records to sell in their store. naaaahmean?

I am sorry, but that is just unacceptable. How do you have a incomplete list almost 3 weeks before the event???

You have the list broken into 3 groups, some of the numbers/quantities seem to be different than a label's own press release.

Where is the City and Colour? Where are the 4 Revelation Record Releases? What about the stuff just announced yesterday by Spinefarm? Are the Spinefarm releases all UK only?

I know for a fact that Record stores have had this list, exactly as it shown, in their inbox to review/vet for nearly 2 weeks. How does a store not let the RSD people know about releases missing? Hell, where is the Porchlight guy who *personally* told us here that he helped pack the Earth LP on Green Vinyl (not on the list) to get that release listed?

Last time I checked, I can go to http://www.ilcdistro.com/site/new and find their RSD PDF and see what markets these limited 7"s are likely going to be at.

This is the *FOURTH* year of RSD, not the first. I know it is run by volunteers, but get your SHIT together. This isn't amateur hour. This is what happens when you have nearly 300 items, people start doing things half-ass.

It's even worse overseas. You have a UK list and a list from the Netherlands that don't even jive. So are we going to have a unique RSD event for each country in Europe? That'd be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

I guess the good thing is that the list could be edited/updated. And it needs to be done quickly. We haven't even heard what crazy release(s) that Jack White's Third Man Records are doing this year (he did his announcement late last year, but got the Raconteurs 180g repress out to a lot of stores).

It is just frustrating when these releases are planned since January and you have 4 months to get this shit organized and planned and it comes out incomplete. It's like buying a car without an engine. Rant over.

oh for fuck's sake, calm the fuck down, Captain Collector.

Wow what is Revelation doing at RSD? I am interested.

Does anyone know what releases European record stores will get? My local record store participates in RSD, but they couldn't tell me if they were getting any Transit/TWY. They said they probably will get every release, but I found that a little hard to believe. Any info here?

Also, flippers gonna flip.