Chinese Democracy now $1.99

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to pick one up for $2. isnt buckethead on this?

I don't think he is. He was going to be, but quit or was fired and they re-recorded all his parts. I think I read that in a magazine that talked about his chicken coop and axl's dog shitting in it and buckethead wanting to leave the shit in there.

If you're interested in it, there's a ton to read about how the release was mishandled. I think the label just wanted to be done with the whole mess and get out from under it, and other than an initial push, Best Buy didn't seem to do much with it either. It seemed like they thought it would sell itself. It's not a bad record, if you like GnR, but it's not great. I'd buy another copy for $2.

People who dismissed this album because of how long it took or because GNR has been a total fucking joke for 15+ years are really missing out. Personally, I think it's their BEST album. I know it's just an Axl solo record but this shit sounds more like something Queen would do than the cock rock BS GNR used to be on. Axl may be a piece of shit, but he's a great songwriter and despite how big of a mess this whole thing was, I think the final product is a hell of an album.

Buckethead is indeed on it. Just bits and pieces, but they're pretty obvious on the record. Definitely insane solos and shit.

This record has tons of hooks, riffs, and some crazy vocal stuff. Would highly recommend, especially for fucking $2.

People who dismissed this album because of how long it took or because GNR has been a total fucking joke for 15+ years are really missing out. Personally, I think it's their BEST album. I know it's just an Axl solo record but this shit sounds more like something Queen would do than the cock rock BS GNR used to be on. Axl may be a piece of shit, but he's a great songwriter and despite how big of a mess this whole thing was, I think the final product is a hell of an album.

Buckethead is indeed on it. Just bits and pieces, but they're pretty obvious on the record. Definitely insane solos and shit.

This record has tons of hooks, riffs, and some crazy vocal stuff. Would highly recommend, especially for fucking $2.

Please welcome Axl Rose's publicist to our board.

i'll give you my $2 when you pry it from my cold dead hands !

Please welcome Axl Rose's publicist to our board.

I bet Axl's publicist DOES call him a piece of shit but probably not in public.

nice call justin. i just listened to it. the pressing sounds really dusty and dirty, i don't know if it's the pressing or the end result of processing chemicals. i ran the brush over it, didn't help. maybe it got a little damaged from sitting on the shelf for so long. my jacket was all bent and pitted to hell. $2, that's a 90% discount. who cares.

overall, it's a decent record. it's not my favorite GNR album, but it's listenable. it's interesting. there are definitely parts where it's too "busy" sounding, like he's trying to fill every track possible with some noise. there are great bass parts, great guitar parts, average drums and sparse piano/keyboards. the vocals are either hit or miss, though.

songs i dug:

Better, If The World, There Was A Time, This I Love

songs with vocals/lyrics that made me cringe a little:

Street Of Dreams, Catcher In The Rye, I.R.S.

i downloaded this when it came out and took nothing away from it. i don't even know if i made it through the entire record before turning it off. but for $2, i think it was an ok purchase. i've bought far worse records for "cheap". and it comes with a digital download. ;)

too bad it expired November 23, 2009. weak!