the Official, RSD what I'm looking for thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just at the House of Guitars in Rochester today and they still had a bunch of RSD things. Among others they had a Piebald set, Circa Survive, half a dozen Beach Boys 78s, Manchester Orchestra, Television, Black Angels, and Metallica live 2x10". If you're close enough you should make the trip, otherwise give them a call and ask if they can ship. I know they didn't have a lot of things that people are asking about (Rekords Rekords, C&C, BTBAM, Foo Fighters, Deftones, Glassjaw, etc.

the guitar shop? they sell records there?

I was just at the House of Guitars in Rochester today and they still had a bunch of RSD things. Among others they had a Piebald set, Circa Survive, half a dozen Beach Boys 78s, Manchester Orchestra, Television, Black Angels, and Metallica live 2x10". If you're close enough you should make the trip, otherwise give them a call and ask if they can ship. I know they didn't have a lot of things that people are asking about (Rekords Rekords, C&C, BTBAM, Foo Fighters, Deftones, Glassjaw, etc.

the guitar shop? they sell records there?

Yeah, the basement is full of CDs, tapes, and records. I had no idea until recently that it existed.

shit..i guess ill call them tomorrow. doubt they would be willing to ship to the netherlands though. if you stop by back in there, and they still have the circa survive, grab it for me pleaseeee and ill paypal. you could even just ship it to my parents house to make it easier for you, i dont give a fuck, i just need this release on vinyl and im not paying ebay prices for it!

shit..i guess ill call them tomorrow. doubt they would be willing to ship to the netherlands though. if you stop by back in there, and they still have the circa survive, grab it for me pleaseeee and ill paypal. you could even just ship it to my parents house to make it easier for you, i dont give a fuck, i just need this release on vinyl and im not paying ebay prices for it!

I definitely want to go back soon, there's a bunch of stuff I slept on that I shouldn't have. Most things don't have price tags on them and I feared that they would go on ebay or whatever and just make a guess on the price (which I never heard of until I started going to this board). They had some pretty rad 7"s as well as Thursday's "War All the Time" which I can't believe I didn't pick up.

Repeat: The House of Guitars in Rochester NY has a sealed copy of Thursday's "War All the Time." If it's there when I go back (whenever that may be) I'm getting it but I can't stop anyone who wants it.

EDIT: You can search their inventory http://www.houseofguitars.com/newsite/Search-Our-Inventory.html <-- there but, like it says, it's far from complete. They say there's a copy of NIN's "The Fragile" on vinyl but I don't recall seeing it...

I definitely want to go back soon, there's a bunch of stuff I slept on that I shouldn't have. Most things don't have price tags on them and I feared that they would go on ebay or whatever and just make a guess on the price (which I never heard of until I started going to this board). They had some pretty rad 7"s as well as Thursday's "War All the Time" which I can't believe I didn't pick up.

Repeat: The House of Guitars in Rochester NY has a sealed copy of Thursday's "War All the Time." If it's there when I go back (whenever that may be) I'm getting it but I can't stop anyone who wants it.

EDIT: You can search their inventory http://www.houseofguitars.com/newsite/Search-Our-Inventory.html <-- there but, like it says, it's far from complete. They say there's a copy of NIN's "The Fragile" on vinyl but I don't recall seeing it...

yeah it says they have artist in the ambulance and vheissu on vinyl so i called and their inventory online is out of date by like 10 years...literally

but they def have circa survive so if you go back i please grab me one if you could be so kind!

yeah it says they have artist in the ambulance and vheissu on vinyl so i called and their inventory online is out of date by like 10 years...literally

but they def have circa survive so if you go back i please grab me one if you could be so kind!

It's an amazing place to visit. I always go through the front of the house first so I walk through all the music equipment. Finding the records in the basement is like some weird little dream come through.

That place looks like they closed one day, after a busy day and just locked the doors for 10 years. There is stuff everywhere. It's always been like that. There is zero order to anything. It takes hours and hours to go through the vinyl.

There is a lot of old, good oop stuff to be found you just have to do the work and then hope it's in good shape when you actually find it.

[image]

i would take this challenge. it's like a sloppy Amoeba in San Fran.

I go once or twice a year. I should go more often. There is a few rows like this. I often go next door after a few hours, eat lunch and wash my hands and then go back. There is so much dust in that place you need to shower after going. There are thousands of cassettes, tens of thousands of cds and thousands of records. Last time I went I found a Tegan and Sara RSD 7" in the 7" section by the register. I remember seeing all kinds of old shit. Green day records and shit.

My dad says it's ALWAYS been like that, with no order or price tags. There's a lot of good stuff there if you have the time and patience. I got through maybe half of the 7"s under the counter and that took a half hour.

I'll definitely pick up the Circa Survive if it's there when I go back, although I think the ebay prices are already starting to settle.

It's an amazing place to visit. I always go through the front of the house first so I walk through all the music equipment. Finding the records in the basement is like some weird little dream come through.

That place looks like they closed one day, after a busy day and just locked the doors for 10 years. There is stuff everywhere. It's always been like that. There is zero order to anything. It takes hours and hours to go through the vinyl.

There is a lot of old, good oop stuff to be found you just have to do the work and then hope it's in good shape when you actually find it.

[image]

Places like this are bad ass. Main reason is because a lot of people will shy away from digging as they see it as a mess. I say to them....good, don't look. More chances for people like us to find awesome little gems.

I'm looking for a copy of Fucked Up David's Town. PM if anyone is willing to sell for under $20.

I don't have one for sale....but my local shop was selling this and after tax it came out to be like $19.61....so good luck finding somebody willing to sell it to you for under $20...especially after shipping

I stopped by my store today and they still have TONS of RSD items left.

I can't recall every piece, but I've tried to put together a list of what I can remember. Some there are like 5-10 copies of still, but there are a few with only 1 copy left. Keep in mind that the prices are a little steep compared to other places ($12-14 for a single, $17-23 for an EP, $25-$30 for an LP), but it's cheaper than eBay :P.

If there is something you are looking for that's not on the list I might have just missed it, let me know and I can look.

THEY HAVE NO CITY AND COLOUR OR NIRVANA

-CiTR Pop Alliance Compilation, Vol. 2 (with Slam Dunk, Apollo Ghosts, My Friend Wallis, more)

-Bad Brains God Of Love Maverick LP + 7" 2000

-Bush, Kate Hounds of Love Collector's Edition Audio Fidelity 10" pink vinyl 1000

-Deftones Covers WBR Vinyl 3000 - A TON of these

-Gorillaz TheFall Virgin LP 2000

-Grinderman Evil ANTI- 12" 1000

-Hammond, John So Many Roads Vanguard 12" vinyl 1000

-Hurt, Mississippi John The Immortal Vanguard 12" vinyl 1000

-James, Skip Today! Vanguard 12" vinyl 1000

-Mastodon Live At The Aragon WBR 2LP + DVD 3000

-The three Hank Williams LPs

and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember...