PO: I Can Make A Mess - Gold Rush LP

Nice to all the people who did all the color variants. My funds are running low, so I went with the blue. The 180 gram should have been like 20 bucks. That would have come out to 25 with shipping. Not even the Blink represses were 30 bucks. I'm sure it's worth it though, I would have ordered it if I had money. Ace music = Quality.

anyone else really want to see a pic of these color variants? I bought the blue/gold and was hoping to see what they all looked like to see if i'd like to pick up another.

They dont have photos of them yet because they likely just sent the order off to the plant.

this is true... but like a rough picture? haha... Maybe even some pantone colors so we can get a drift to the look of them

the kid who runs this "label" is one of those an absolutepunk dbags. and two important things people should take note of with this.

1. someone posted on his profile's wall over there that they never received their order from when they preordered his first "release," which was suppose to ship in march. and apparently he hasnt responded to numerous emails asking about it either. http://absolutepunk.net/member.php?u=21305

2. look at the disclaimer on the preorder page for this, and i quote; "Variant quantity numbers are not an exact indication of store availability as inventory is subject to change due to manufacturing and artist necessity." which basically means he can say each varaint is limited to X amount of copies but in reality there could be quite a bit more that were actually pressed for whatever reason and he can raise the numbers unannounced at any point. so the low numbers listed could just be a sales ploy.

Some fun talk over on Absolutepunk:

"Originally Posted by BearClaw

pretty sure one of his points is that $30 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive for what you're getting. other labels have done a double LP on 180 gram, minus the hand written lyrics which is a very tiny expense anyway, and sold them for less than what you're charging. distros even charged less than you and their prices are usually higher than they are straight from the label. having the audacity to charge that much for a single LP of any weight, and your above response to a potential customer, screams of pure greed."

The 'record label owners' response:

Yeah, not what I meant at all by that reply and I don't think he took it that way.

Thank you for the cost analysis, though. Just to clarify a bit: I don't care what other labels have done. I don't care about the other releases you mention. I care about what my label is doing with the artists that I am working with. Sorry, but I don't agree that music has a generalized value regardless of the medium it is released on or what is traditionally accepted.

If people are willing to pay more for something to support an artist they care about, I fail to see what the problem is. I don't have to explain any of my finances to you, and I won't, but nobody in this situation is being "greedy." You calling me "audacious" shows me even more that people are truly out of touch with the "conventional" release model and largely unaware of how anything in the music industry works.

Thanks for the support.