PO:Early November Vinyl EP's Available NOW!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it that I order my copies in the first 5 minutes of the PO being live, yet some how end update with a colored pressing I despise? Surely wish these discs matched my receipt >:/

Did they send you the wrong color? The best looking colors are completely random btw.

Yeah. I purposely skipped the box and was considering getting my favorite variants as a consolation for not going with my gut and buying the box. Kind of shit out of luck now that FAOT is sold out. (I haven't yet, but) I'm still gonna listen to it. Will probably flip off my table everytime I see that gnarly ass splatter disc rotating around.

Maybe I'll just throw some Hello Kitty stickers on my dust cover so it matches.

Did they send you the wrong color? The best looking colors are completely random btw.

Yeah. I purposely skipped the box and was considering getting my favorite variants as a consolation for not going with my gut and buying the box. Kind of shit out of luck now that FAOT is sold out. (I haven't yet, but) I'm still gonna listen to it. Will probably flip off my table everytime I see that gnarly ass splatter disc rotating around.

i would not be a happy camper if they sent me that pink/blue splatter in error.

The clear w/ pink & blue splatter doesn't match the art as much as we wanted it to, but it looks damn cool in person.

The clear w/ pink & blue splatter doesn't match the art as much as we wanted it to, but it looks damn cool in person.

admittedly, i'm not a huge fan of the splatter look to begin with, so i'd probably have to see it in person to properly judge it.

speaking of matching the artwork, the tri-color one i picked up looks seim-decent with the artwork; the brown has a coppery sheen to it that you can't really see very well in photos.

admittedly, i'm not a huge fan of the splatter look to begin with, so i'd probably have to see it in person to properly judge it.

speaking of matching the artwork, the tri-color one i picked up looks seim-decent with the artwork; the brown has a coppery sheen to it that you can't really see very well in photos.

I normally hate splatter vinyl but when it's in ultra clear you can see the individual splats of vinyl in there so it's amazing.

I like how the tri-color one came out too, I just wish the blue was more aqua like the artwork

Jesus, you killed any hope of any distribution with that huge barcode on the back. No offense, just saying that if you want anything distributed you have to have a valid, new, owned barcode that is certain specifications.

Why didn't you just recreate the original art? I've done that with a couple records.

Not talking shit, just wondering..

Jesus, you killed any hope of any distribution with that huge barcode on the back. No offense, just saying that if you want anything distributed you have to have a valid, new, owned barcode that is certain specifications.

Why didn't you just recreate the original art? I've done that with a couple records.

I had to scan everything from CD booklets and then lay it out. I would have recreated the art if I had pieces of the artwork that would allow me to do so. On top of having to do all of that, I had to hand make from scratch 100 boxes, design a poster, and design and screen print liner notes. I'm sure if I spent awhile on it I could have cloned out the barcode cleanly and avoided all of this. Truth is, we knew these were likely not making it to distribution and would sell out in ETR's store - that is how it's end up working out too. I've done layouts for a ton of different vinyl and CD projects and have never purposely put a giant barcode on an album - based on the time we had & the circumstances I went the way I went. If I had proofed the sleeves out I may have tried and fixed it but on the screen it didn't look as bad as it ended up looking. If these are almost sold out a little over a week later then people obviously like it enough to pay money for it. Everyone on this board takes time to slam anyone they can for whatever little thing bothers them (i'm not directing this at jailhouse btw) but can never take the time and appreciate the things that ended up working out well.

I'm pretty sure that both releases are almost sold out, so didn't need distribution.

I got FOAT in the mail yesterday and it looks and sounds fantastic. Leave it to a new release to bring the bitchiness out of everyone. The bar code is not a bfd like everyone seems to think. The splatter really turned out good imo. ETR seems to be more than happy in resolving issues. Its a common misconception about this world but most of lifes problems can be fixed by speaking the fuck up and asking for a solution.