THis is why kids are all bastards nowadays

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=af2_1308344758

from my hometown. i found it kinda dumb that she was arrested for spanking her kid. apparently people don't do that any more. wonder why kids don't give a fuck anymore.

A judge in Corpus Christi, Texas some harsh words for a mother charged with spanking her own child, before sentencing her to probation.

"You don't spank children today," said Judge Jose Longoria. "In the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don't spank children."

Rosalina Gonzales had pleaded guilty to a felony charge of injury to a child for what prosecutors had described as a "pretty simple, straightforward spanking case." They noted she didn't use a belt or leave any bruises, just some red marks.

As part of the plea deal, Gonzales will serve five years probation, during which tiume she;ll have to take parenting classes, follow CPS guidelines, and make a $50 payment to the Children's Advocacy Center.

She was arrested back in December after the child's paternal grandmother noticed red marks on the child's rear end. The grandmother took the girl, who was two years-old at the time, to the hospital to be checked out.

Gonzales doesn't have custody of the child or her other two children. She is trying to get them back, but until CPS feels she is ready the kids are living with their paternal grandmother.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man my wife and i grew up on two different schools of thought.

i'm getting arrested.

yeah, my old roommate's parents were the mindset that you don't touch your kids. you talk to them.. which is why only one of them actually turned out without a criminal record.

i got my ass kicked on numerous occasions. my mom didn't give a fuck if i wanted a toy or not. if i screamed, she had no qualms about leaning me over and spanking me in front of people. though i got hit with a belt on numerous occasions by my dad, and sometimes the switch by my mom, by the time i was 15 or so i was pretty much a good kid. never really got in trouble after that. i don't have a record like everyone else i grew up with, so there's some good to be said about disciplining your kids.. i think it has more to do with embarrassing them than actually physically hurting them. Because truthfully the only time any one of my parents hurt me is when my mom backhanded me (closed fist) for calling her a bitch. (shrugs shoulders) it really just teaches you that there you pay for your actions.. and that's what i got out of it. life lesson i will teach my ki... oh who am i kidding. i'm not having kids. i can't even get laid.

fuck that.

i spank at least one of my kids at least once a day.

it works.

talking does not.

they have to learn that there are consequences to being a shit.

So true.

I worked in an after school program for 2 years and those little fuckers were the worst! The would do whatever they wanted because the worst we could do to them was tell them we're gonna talk to their parents. Couldn't even put them in time out. Those kids sucked. Balls.

i'm a behavior analyst, i usually work with autistic/DD kids.

i have gotten a few in home cases where the kid was pretty much acting up because his parents didn't do shit about it, or pretty much gave in to it.

too bad the state would never approve a plan that had a procedure of "smack the kid" haha

i have gotten a few in home cases where the kid was pretty much acting up because his parents didn't do shit about it, or pretty much gave in to it.

too bad the state would never approve a plan that had a procedure of "smack the kid" haha

there is nothing wrong with hitting your children as long as it's done out of discipline and not anger.

if it's in an organized manor so the child understands there is an impending punishment before the impact, instead of a spontaneous smack or god forbid punches or worse, then i believe it is a totally acceptable punishment.

nothing provides more thoughts about what you've done than those few minutes before your "execution".

there is nothing wrong with hitting your children as long as it's done out of discipline and not anger.

if it's in an organized manor so the child understands there is an impending punishment before the impact, instead of a spontaneous smack or god forbid punches or worse, then i believe it is a totally acceptable punishment.

nothing provides more thoughts about what you've done than those few minutes before your "execution".

yeah, but within that realm, you (the parents) will need to maintain some sort of consistency.

Mom - wash the dishes.

Kid - fuck you cuntface.

Mom - *smack*. now wash the dishes.

the spanking, paired with making sure the dishes are washed is essential to learning that 1) you need to do what mom says, and

2) cuntface is not an acceptable name to call your mom.

however, i see a lot of this:

Mom - Clean your room

kid - hey fuck you mom *followed by throwing the phone at her*

Mom - *walks away*

which teaches the kid nothing.

however, i see a lot of this:

Mom - Clean your room

kid - hey fuck you mom *followed by throwing the phone at her*

Mom - *walks away*

which teaches the kid nothing.

well of course she walks away. she has to buy a new phone now.. smartphones don't grow on trees.. geeshhh.

both those scenerios made me laugh.. too bad we can't make a funny psa for how to properly discipline your children without getting cps called on you. you know.. tricks of the trade.

I'm working for a mental health rehab agency at the moment and I have to constantly ask parents to try to use other means of discipline. This makes me annoyed as I plan on spanking my son when he does something that warrants it. I always have to say, "Your way isn't working, let us help you set up a system where there is no physical punishments."

The worst part is that then the parent rationalizes, "Spanking doesn't work, so I have to do something else." Meanwhile, I have to teach these assholes how to be parents because they never learned themselves.

Actual conversation:

Me: You have to nurture your child.

Parent: You mean I have to baby her.

Me: No, I said nurture.

Parent: Right; to baby her. I don't baby my kid; I don't BS her.

Me: To nurture is to love and show affection; to train and teach. Does that sound like babying her?

Parent: Yes