MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Just ask for a supervisor, explain the situation, explain the pushing back of release dates and the non-response from the company, if you've never filed a dispute prior mention that. I'm sure you've used their service a lot, and let them know that the loss of your business wouldn't be less than the $44 they're crediting you. Just don't get off the phone til you gt your refund. There is always a way for them to refund you.

Just got my refund from paypal. Score.

Did you call?

I called paypal, they referred me to the credit card dept as I put it on my paypal extras mastercard. The credit card portion was able to put in a formal dispute, they supposedly did an "investigation" and I got my $39 back about a week later.

Can someone update where things stand with this? I haven't paid attention and still have a pre-order. Did it finally officially get cancelled?

You're a good man so I'll repost this for you

For those who are curious, word on the street is that the label is done (obviously), lawyers are involved, and contrary to popular belief, he is not swimming in money but rather in severe debt. Mind you this is through the grapevine and I don't know anything more.

Anyone think this is still coming out is just kidding themselves at this point.

From LAST CALL:

We don’t want to speculate, but I don’t think RJ has much left to stand on as far as MTS goes. And seeing as how there were only a few acts on MTS that were actually touring, us being probably the number one act on there, I don’t think there’s much left for Mightier Than Sword. I don’t think it will keep going. Hopefully everybody gets their money’s worth and gets their records and RJ can get his stuff straight. In the end, even with the difficulty that we’ve come under, he’s still somebody that was a big part of our career for these last 2 years and he got us into some places where we didn’t think we’d go. We have love for him. We hope that everything works out for him, but we’ve got to focus on ourselves. And with the way he left us in the lurch, it’s kind of hard to give him any sympathy. The debt is a big thing. Another thing is that he was our manager at the time too, and now we’ve cut ties all around, so we kind of feel like a fresh new band.

Adam: In our mentality, it’s like we’re back at square one. It’s kind of shitty, but when you step back and look at the big picture, it’s not bad. We still have all of the connections and fans that we’ve made. Everything that we had going at that time is still going. It’s back to just the members of our band with no outside influence or outside help really. It’s stressful to think about, but it’s not a bad situation.

Austin: Before we started writing this full length, there was a lot of speculation about whether our former guitar player, Tim Desagun, would help us write the record. It ended up that I started predominantly writing the second guitar parts and working with Ryan Stokke on writing this album. And for three months while working on it, I wasn’t really focusing on what I do, which is sing. So I was getting stressed out going into recording because I only had little tidbits for every song. I didn’t feel like I had much of a leg to stand on as far as where each song was going. And it was going really well, working on each song with everybody, but now that we have some time off, Adam and I can sit down and beat the lyrics and vocal melodies into where we really want it to be. I get to concentrate on singing again.

Adam: Through all of the shit that happened, it is helping us put out the best possible record we can. That’s the upside that I see to everything that’s been pouring down on us right now.

Austin: Instrumentally, because of Paul and the dedication and time he took, it got as strong as it possibly could. We’re doing things on this record that we didn’t ever do on any other recordings, like six rhythm tracks for each song, like using different kinds of weird amps and stuff. Paul really pulled out all the stops. Sonically, we’re happy with it. Lyrically we just have to get it there which is coming together quicker than we thought it could. Hopefully this ends up making this record a thousand times better.

Can someone update where things stand with this? I haven't paid attention and still have a pre-order. Did it finally officially get cancelled?

You're a good man so I'll repost this for you

For those who are curious, word on the street is that the label is done (obviously), lawyers are involved, and contrary to popular belief, he is not swimming in money but rather in severe debt. Mind you this is through the grapevine and I don't know anything more.

Anyone think this is still coming out is just kidding themselves at this point.

Huh. Thanks. I was waiting it out, but I guess now it's not going to happen at all.

From LAST CALL:

We don’t want to speculate...

THAT WHOLE 1st PARAGRAPH IS SPECULATION!

Same as saying I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but...

Basically anytime you say "yada yada yada, but" that is exactly what you are meaning to do.

In this case I wouldn't say that is speculation as much as it is what they have gathered so far from dealing with him first hand.

Not sure if this has been posted but this is from MTS's facebook page-

"hey guys, my name is timmy and i handled laying out the artwork for this release. figured i'd give you some inside scoop from my firsthand experience on this project and hopefully it can calm your nerves a bit. i started production on this release all the way back at the end of 2010. this has been plagued with hangup on top of hangup from the start. i know we sat on it for a few months (on multiple occasions) in order to get certain copyright approvals for the 7 inches. the original packaging design wasn't cutting it in real life, as the materials weren't strong enough to withstand the weight of the 3 additional 7 inches. it changed printers ... twice. there was always something that seemed to hang us up for a week or two at a time. i've worked with R.J. on multiple releases and we've had our disagreements, but the dude's heart is in the right place. this isn't a scam. in my opinion, it merely shouldn't have been announced when it was announced. we all know that we learn from our mistakes and become a better person / businessman / sandwich-maker - because of it. i'd most definitely be upset if i was in your situation - and i think that the anger has been fueled by some promises that don't seem to have been followed through with. unless there is something going on here that i don't know about, you guys will most definitely get your records, and they will be awesome. there was a lot of love, and stress that went into this and i don't think it was for nothing. you guys deserve an apology for sure, but in the meantime, pump some lossless TOYP&J FLAC files and live life to the fullest. i hope this can all be resolved in a professional manner. super unfortunate it had to get to this point."

Last Call Discuss MTS Records:

"We don’t want to speculate, but I don’t think RJ has much left to stand on as far as MTS goes. And seeing as how there were only a few acts on MTS that were actually touring, us being probably the number one act on there, I don’t think there’s much left for Mightier Than Sword. I don’t think it will keep going. Hopefully everybody gets their money’s worth and gets their records and RJ can get his stuff straight. In the end, even with the difficulty that we’ve come under, he’s still somebody that was a big part of our career for these last 2 years and he got us into some places where we didn’t think we’d go. We have love for him. We hope that everything works out for him, but we’ve got to focus on ourselves. And with the way he left us in the lurch, it’s kind of hard to give him any sympathy. The debt is a big thing. Another thing is that he was our manager at the time too, and now we’ve cut ties all around, so we kind of feel like a fresh new band."

"Adam: In our mentality, it’s like we’re back at square one. It’s kind of shitty, but when you step back and look at the big picture, it’s not bad. We still have all of the connections and fans that we’ve made. Everything that we had going at that time is still going. It’s back to just the members of our band with no outside"

Last Call Discuss MTS Records:

"We don’t want to speculate, but I don’t think RJ has much left to stand on as far as MTS goes. And seeing as how there were only a few acts on MTS that were actually touring, us being probably the number one act on there, I don’t think there’s much left for Mightier Than Sword. I don’t think it will keep going. Hopefully everybody gets their money’s worth and gets their records and RJ can get his stuff straight. In the end, even with the difficulty that we’ve come under, he’s still somebody that was a big part of our career for these last 2 years and he got us into some places where we didn’t think we’d go. We have love for him. We hope that everything works out for him, but we’ve got to focus on ourselves. And with the way he left us in the lurch, it’s kind of hard to give him any sympathy. The debt is a big thing. Another thing is that he was our manager at the time too, and now we’ve cut ties all around, so we kind of feel like a fresh new band."

"Adam: In our mentality, it’s like we’re back at square one. It’s kind of shitty, but when you step back and look at the big picture, it’s not bad. We still have all of the connections and fans that we’ve made. Everything that we had going at that time is still going. It’s back to just the members of our band with no outside"

how many times is this going to be posted?!