New Blink 182 single

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge Blink fan, I like Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat but after that they sort of lost me, I guess I grew out of it. I'm unfamiliar with all their other bands or side projects but when I heard about this I decided to give it a fair shot with an open mind.

I gotta say this song is pretty dull. Not at all catchy like I remember them being. The outro though was pretty good, my favorite part of it. Will try again but I guess this area of music just doesn't do much for me. Cool that they are back together though.

Guest greymundos
I think the phenomenon of "HOW CAN YOU LIKE THIS?" is so interesting. It's like no one has heard of forming one's own opinions on a piece of music.

Unless you're talking about dub-step. That shit is garbage.

This comment needs a 'like' button!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':xwgccn69]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':xwgccn69]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Blink 182 - Neighborhooods

1. "Fighting The Gravity"

2. "Up All Night"

3. "Heart's All Gone"

4. "Snake Charmer"

5. "Kaleidoscope"

6. "Ghost On The Dancefloor"

7. "Taste Of Blood"

8. "Diamond In The Ruff (Featuring. Tim Armstrong)"

9. "The Fallen Breakdown"

10. "Breathing Easy"

11. "Holly"

12. "Not For Real"

Blink 182 - Neighborhooods

1. "Fighting The Gravity"

2. "Up All Night"

3. "Heart's All Gone"

4. "Snake Charmer"

5. "Kaleidoscope"

6. "Ghost On The Dancefloor"

7. "Taste Of Blood"

8. "Diamond In The Ruff (Featuring. Tim Armstrong)"

9. "The Fallen Breakdown"

10. "Breathing Easy"

11. "Holly"

12. "Not For Real"

if this was the old blink "Snake Charmer" would be a penis joke.

This song doesn't justify a reunion.

Total garbage. I've never hated them, always tolerated them and even liked a couple songs..."Stay Together For The Kids", "I Miss You" and I went into this hopeful. The heavy part doesn't even belong. It sounded like a beginner band that didn't know how to write a proper change and I'm surprised anyone let that fly. The guys are all talented, I've seen proof of that in their other bands but this song is amateur at best. Like someone said earlier, it's boring and uninspired and I hope they have better stuff than this to give their fans.

Total garbage. I've never hated them, always tolerated them and even liked a couple songs..."Stay Together For The Kids", "I Miss You" and I went into this hopeful. The heavy part doesn't even belong. It sounded like a beginner band that didn't know how to write a proper change and I'm surprised anyone let that fly. The guys are all talented, I've seen proof of that in their other bands but this song is amateur at best. Like someone said earlier, it's boring and uninspired and I hope they have better stuff than this to give their fans.

delete the "Total Garbage" line and one or two of the superlative-esque statements and you're right on IMO.

"This doesn't justify a reunion." (so far)

delete the "Total Garbage" line and one or two of the superlative-esque statements and you're right on IMO.

"This doesn't justify a reunion." (so far)

You're right...it's not total garbage. I've heard a lot worse.

It's definitely not for everyone. It feels like 4 disjointed songs crammed into 1, but anybody expecting them to just rewrite Dude Ranch or TOYPAJ is out to lunch. Those days are long gone, Mark did say there will be some "throwback" songs on this album but we won't even know how accurate that description is till we hear more.

This is pretty much exactly what I expected them to come back with, the verses are reminiscent of Down with some of Tom's AVA-phaser bullshit. The vocal tradeoffs with Mark make it listenable but that breakdown at the end seems unnecessary. I was hoping at the part where it quickly goes quiet before it that on the album version there'd be another part, since that sounds awkward and out of place. It's on iTunes though and unfortunately is the exact same.

I hated it the first couple times but it grew on me quickly. I just really hope every song doesn't have that fucking delay/sweeping phaser on the guitars.

It's definitely not for everyone. It feels like 4 disjointed songs crammed into 1, but anybody expecting them to just rewrite Dude Ranch or TOYPAJ is out to lunch. Those days are long gone, Mark did say there will be some "throwback" songs on this album but we won't even know how accurate that description is till we hear more.

This is pretty much exactly what I expected them to come back with, the verses are reminiscent of Down with some of Tom's AVA-phaser bullshit. The vocal tradeoffs with Mark make it listenable but that breakdown at the end seems unnecessary. I was hoping at the part where it quickly goes quiet before it that on the album version there'd be another part, since that sounds awkward and out of place. It's on iTunes though and unfortunately is the exact same.

I hated it the first couple times but it grew on me quickly. I just really hope every song doesn't have that fucking delay/sweeping phaser on the guitars.

i know dude. i even love that stuff in ava, but it doesn't belong here.

although, who am i to say what a band of the caliber of blink-182 should and shouldn't be putting out. if my opinion was better than those three and everyone else behind them, i'd be so famous that i can't even afford to do meet and greets for my own safety...