Damaged copy of Nofx, White trash...

large

I bought this record new from HT last year sometime and it skips, throughout every song it skips like 2 or 3 seconds at a time. I considered taking it back but never got around to it. I want to do something cool with it, its transparent orange. The sleeve and insert are in perfect condition. Thought of making a bowl or something. I'd love to make one of those notebooks that VC used to make and sell with damaged records but I dont know how. Any suggestions on what to do with this record?

Buy a decent record player and play it. That pressing isn't superb, but having a good record player can do the trick.

Your pressing is not damaged.

I have the white copy.

When I played it on an AT PL300, it skipped through the whole thing.

Then I upgraded to a turntable with weights at the base of the tonearm. No more problems.

Buy a decent record player and play it. That pressing isn't superb, but having a good record player can do the trick.

Your pressing is not damaged.

I have the white copy.

When I played it on an AT PL300, it skipped through the whole thing.

Then I upgraded to a turntable with weights at the base of the tonearm. No more problems.

THIS!

Don't deface your records man, sell it to someone if you don't want it.

I still don't really understand why some records skip on crappy record players while most work fine. is it because the grooves are too shallow, so inadequate tracking force in the tone arm causes it to skip grooves? if so, that seems like it's a combination of carelessness on the part of the company pressing the record and having a shitty player...

lots of people have crappy record players, so it seems like you should account for that. it's not like labels put out CDs that won't play on knock-off brand CD players, so why put out records that won't play on cheap record players?

I still don't really understand why some records skip on crappy record players while most work fine. is it because the grooves are too shallow, so inadequate tracking force in the tone arm causes it to skip grooves? if so, that seems like it's a combination of carelessness on the part of the company pressing the record and having a shitty player...

lots of people have crappy record players, so it seems like you should account for that. it's not like labels put out CDs that won't play on knock-off brand CD players, so why put out records that won't play on cheap record players?

because they dont account that someone is spending 20 bucks on a record to play on a 50 dollar turntable

because they dont account that someone is spending 20 bucks on a record to play on a 50 dollar turntable

I think you're underestimating the cost of crappy record players... especially since most people on this board say anything under $200 isn't worth buying, and I imagine there aren't many record players under $200 that have tone arms with weight control

and you're also ignoring that people spend $15 on a CD to play on $10 CD players, but that's beside the point