new tattoo appresh

So I'm trying to figure out a piece I want to get for my 23rd b-day, idk how artsy fartsy you people are but I want to incorporate my family as playing cards of hearts in a gesha's hand (replacing the fan) I've tried to rough sketch the idea but its a no go incorporating my bros

king = dad 

mom = queen

then the three brothers

Work is correct. I'm still in school working toward my degree(s), so by time I'm done I don't know what kind of job I'll be able to get; therefore, I'm saving my hands and throat for when I'm finally set in a big boy job

That's fair. I had quit a bit of work before I started working for the bank I'm at now (about 7 years ago) but nothing that couldn't be covered up. I waited till after I was working here to do my throat, hands and behind my ears. Now I just have to make sure I do a good enough job that they can't replace me easily.

• 2 weeks later...

i must need a better job. Don't know how all you guys afford tattoos, records, shows, and basic expenses. That's it; i'm getting rich.

this.

my wife feels bad because i haven't gotten any work done since we got married so she said i can have 500 dollars from our tax return.  this has me stoked.

i must need a better job. Don't know how all you guys afford tattoos, records, shows, and basic expenses. That's it; i'm getting rich.

For the past two years, my girlfriend and I had fairly steady paying jobs with fairly cheap rent and no kids or other major expenses so record buying and tattoos were my only real expenses.... this year the girl has quit her job to study so I'm the only one bringing in money so its going to be a lot harder to keep up the hobbies...

its a good thing her sister is my tattooer though!!!

tumblr_mhucyiZb7e1qe5utjo1_1280.jpg

I got this colored in a few weeks ago. I don't mind spending hundreds of dollars on tattoos, but on anything else, it's way harder to do.

I'm still pretty broke right now from this though. :(

super jealous you got tattooed by Tron. I've been wanting to for awhile, but my appt fell through before she moved to Portland

• 2 weeks later...

hoping to set up a consolation for my next tattoo soon.  have the idea in my head, but want to know how it translates from vision to ink.

if we have any good artists on here that would like to help me out and draw my idea just so i can get an idea of what it would be like visually, i'd appreciate. of course i would help you out in return and pay you.

pm me if interested 

hoping to set up a consolation for my next tattoo soon.  have the idea in my head, but want to know how it translates from vision to ink.

if we have any good artists on here that would like to help me out and draw my idea just so i can get an idea of what it would be like visually, i'd appreciate. of course i would help you out in return and pay you.

pm me if interested 

pm me if interested 

I think you should just go to the tattoo artist and tell them what you want and they'll have it all drawn up for you (shouldn't take that long depending on the size). Just be specific. Every tattoo artist has a different style, so be sure to pick the right person for what you're looking to have done.

oohdoiloveyou, on 18 Mar 2013 - 10:15, said:

I think you should just go to the tattoo artist and tell them what you want and they'll have it all drawn up for you (shouldn't take that long depending on the size). Just be specific. Every tattoo artist has a different style, so be sure to pick the right person for what you're looking to have done.

yeah, im having the same guy who did my last one do this one, however; i just want to see what a general idea would look like before hassling him. i know its part of his job, but i don't know how interested i am when i would see it outside of my head. if it would be too much going on or what not.

and its an easy way for someone to make 10 bucks for 20 minutes of work