new tattoo appresh

Is that one finished, Casey? The hand/banjo look funny without all the shading that is so heavy in the upper half.

I know, and I feel the same, however, my tattoo artist wants to keep like the original. If you look at the banjo and hands, there is NO black, so his goal this session was just to do the outline and black shading. Tim (Safe House Tattoos, Nashville) is great at what he does and I trust that when he fills it with color in January that it will all come together. He told me he has plans with the color in the banjo to bring it all together. The dude is rad. I believe him. It's just an unfinished piece for the time being.

Also, this was my first experience with the ditch in my knee. The banjo wraps around and the headstock is in the ditch. It sucked. I am not too excited about going back for my calves and the back of my knee.

Also, I posted this in the "What are you getting your significant other for Christmas?" thread, but Derek did a custom piece for my wife for Christmas, and it turned out freaking AWESOME:

tumblr_merzbvXpCd1qaz7rqo1_1280.jpg

So, don't have as much time on Saturday. We pushed back the tree on the calf and are working on my other knee and shin. Since both of my legs will be done by this dude over the course of the next year, it really doesn't matter what we work on next. This creepy fellah will be adorning my other knee here shortly:

31778_127767503919332_887359_n.jpg

I dig his style and love that you're sticking with the same artist/source artist but it would've been so cool to get this whole piece and not just the skeleton so large. Looks cool either way.