new tattoo appresh

Had another appointment with Greggletron today - same dude who did my Russian Circles / Death Rides A Horse leg piece from a few pages back. He knocked out the lines and most of the shading on a companion piece to Death & his horse on the other side of my leg, all in under 2 1/2 hours. I promised him I wouldn't post work-in-progress photos online until we were done. But it's fucking beautiful. Also, he tattooed on the back of my knee for about 90 seconds total, but in that time I wanted to punch babies and kittens. Holy balls.

x8b8EY5.jpg

This is pretty coo, think i might have to go do it since i'm friends w/ Oliver.

"LA! On Sailor Jerry Day, we partnered with Oliver Pecker's True Tattoo to give away 102 FREE anchor tattoos. First come, first served, so get there early! 1pm-12am. 21+"

419146_10151481540958316_1975647215_n.jp

That's awesome, Oliver is an awesome dude and a great artist

I spent my final hours being in my 20's at a Frank Turner concert which was about as fitting an end to my 20's as possible and now I think I am going to get my first tattoo and have it be a Frank Turner tattoo.

Since I've never done this before do you guys get the art work all figured out before going in.  Is it something that you just shop around and try and find a tattoo artist that could create something in line with what you're thinking. 

I kind of want to get something inspired off the song Photosynthesis.  Perhaps using the lyrics I won't sit down and I won't shut up and most of all I won't grow up.  I just lack any artistic ability and have no idea what to do.  I'm sure there is something awesome that could be done I just lack the artistic flare.

So I guess the simple question is how do you guys go about getting the artwork done for your tattoos?

I spent my final hours being in my 20's at a Frank Turner concert which was about as fitting an end to my 20's as possible and now I think I am going to get my first tattoo and have it be a Frank Turner tattoo.

Since I've never done this before do you guys get the art work all figured out before going in.  Is it something that you just shop around and try and find a tattoo artist that could create something in line with what you're thinking. 

I kind of want to get something inspired off the song Photosynthesis.  Perhaps using the lyrics I won't sit down and I won't shut up and most of all I won't grow up.  I just lack any artistic ability and have no idea what to do.  I'm sure there is something awesome that could be done I just lack the artistic flare.

So I guess the simple question is how do you guys go about getting the artwork done for your tattoos?

i know what i want, i just need to find an artist. usually you can give an artist an idea of what you want and they will try and create something for you. for me im just picky and havent settled on an artist yet.

Where do you live? Im sure someone around here could point you in a good direction for a artist.

As for the art pretty much all of my tattoos i just give the artist a basic idea of what i want and see what they come up with. Then again i'm pretty heavily covered and have a lot more tattoos for the art more than the meaning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...