How I met your mother

I realized it the other day when watching the series finale of Rescue Me, but FX has quietly become my favorite channel. The stuff they do is fantastic.

my friend gave me shit when i said i was excited for american horror story. and then i reminded him that im excited because its a new show on a network thats home to always sunny, archer, louie, wilfred, and the league.

I realized it the other day when watching the series finale of Rescue Me, but FX has quietly become my favorite channel. The stuff they do is fantastic.

my friend gave me shit when i said i was excited for american horror story. and then i reminded him that im excited because its a new show on a network thats home to always sunny, archer, louie, wilfred, and the league.

I can't say I'm going to watch the show regularly, because I really don't watch much TV, but I'm going to check that one out.

• 2 years later...

I really liked the ending.  It was bitter sweet and honestly surprised me.  It wasn't the ending I necessarily wanted, but I think they executed it well.  I don't think most shows that run nine years can have an ending that pleases everybody either.

This season has been a little rocky, especially the first half having Marshall separated from the group.  But, this show aged MUCH better than a lot of shows that pass the 100 episode mark.  Overall though, this show will always be one of my favorites even with the inconsistency.

I'm not sure how I feel about the spinoff.  I think Greta Gerwig is awesome, so I'll give it a shot at least.

I loved the ending. So bittersweet. Idk why everyone's mad about it--nobody else thought it was weird how it was supposed to be the story of how he met their mother, and yet he always went out of his way for Robin, and always had a thing for her even up to her wedding day? Lily and Marshall end up living the dream. Barney finally grows up (that scene w/ his daughter killed me). for me, it provided good closure, and brought everything full circle. I called the blue French horn.

I know enough about it, but I'm never going to watch the show in it's entirety... can someone just clarify, who's kids where those then? ted's and robins?

I loved the ending. So bittersweet. Idk why everyone's mad about it--nobody else thought it was weird how it was supposed to be the story of how he met their mother, and yet he always went out of his way for Robin, and always had a thing for her even up to her wedding day? Lily and Marshall end up living the dream. Barney finally grows up (that scene w/ his daughter killed me). for me, it provided good closure, and brought everything full circle.

My thoughts exactly.

I enjoyed it. The show was always about Ted and Robin anyways. No surprise that they ended up together @ the very end but it was one helluva way to go about it.

Loved the ending. It was more realistic than a major "fairytale" type ending where everything is perfect forever because that was never what happened on the show(Outside of Lilly and Marshall).  Personally, I felt like the show was never about how Ted would find his wife and they would be happy forever. It's how he MET her. not how I met her then a million episodes about what we did every single day after. Yes she was on for 9 episodes but the show was about Ted and his life. Not the mom. at least how I see it. I grew up watching this show every week since I was in high school so I knew I was going to be invested in this and I thought the end was amazing. Sad that it is gone.

Only thing I could think of changes was I would have loved to have seen some sort of Bob Saget sighting.

The thing that got me was they recorded the kid's finale scene back in season 2 so they had to stick to an ending that left no room for growth.

If the series ended after three or four seasons if would have made sense.

All the hints about the mother made us care about her only just to go back to robin

The thing that got me was they recorded the kid's finale scene back in season 2 so they had to stick to an ending that left no room for growth.

If the series ended after three or four seasons if would have made sense.

All the hints about the mother made us care about her only just to go back to robin

seriously?  I didnt know that.  MAKES ME MORE MAD ABOUT THIS