PO: Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon LP 10th Anniv

jhulud

i listened to my copy today, and now i have to agree with whoever was talking about poor mastering on the previous page. never noticed how raw most of it sounds.

i listened to my copy today, and now i have to agree with whoever was talking about poor mastering on the previous page. never noticed how raw most of it sounds.

There's nothing wrong with the mastering. It's exactly the same sound on Northstar's first album 'Is This Thing Loaded?' Just not a lot of money spent by Triple Crown to engineer a better sounding album. I think it's a fairly unique sound seeing as most pop punk albums have been polished up to within a inch of their lives that the "rough" sound of these albums just gives them more of an edge to me

funny you bring up the Northstar record...I sincerely like the versions of the songs better on Is This Thing Loaded? because they had literally like 2-3 years of PreProduction playing those songs and messing with the arrangements and so on and so forth....but production and mixing quality on that album was the biggest disappointment ever for me...first band I'd ever seen "make it" a.k.a. get signed to any sort of record company of my peers and out of my hometown, and immediately preferring the demo versions to every song because it was recorded so poorly was a serious bummer.

had they just remixed and actually mastered the demos I think they would have had a much better sounding recording....find a happy medium between the recording/mixing quality of Is This Thing Loaded? and the much high gloss recording/mixing/production of Pollyanna and I think they would have sold far more copies of Is This Thing Loaded?....one man's opinion

i have the white /100 from iodine.. you're essentially right... i was using the term remastered too loosely.. however fixing any mixing problems usually goes hand in hand with a remaster.. the problem i was referring to is with the compression in the highs and the lack of a certain fullness on the lows.. i realize that this comes from cheap production due to it being a band's first record on a budget.. it is a condition in many pop/punk recordings from that era and i appreciate the sound as a trademark of the music i listened to back then.. i'm just saying with a reissue i'd like to see what the album would have sounded like with the production quality that the devil and god, or even deja got.

There's nothing wrong with the mastering. It's exactly the same sound on Northstar's first album 'Is This Thing Loaded?' Just not a lot of money spent by Triple Crown to engineer a better sounding album. I think it's a fairly unique sound seeing as most pop punk albums have been polished up to within a inch of their lives that the "rough" sound of these albums just gives them more of an edge to me

funny you bring up the Northstar record...I sincerely like the versions of the songs better on Is This Thing Loaded? because they had literally like 2-3 years of PreProduction playing those songs and messing with the arrangements and so on and so forth....but production and mixing quality on that album was the biggest disappointment ever for me...first band I'd ever seen "make it" a.k.a. get signed to any sort of record company of my peers and out of my hometown, and immediately preferring the demo versions to every song because it was recorded so poorly was a serious bummer.

had they just remixed and actually mastered the demos I think they would have had a much better sounding recording....find a happy medium between the recording/mixing quality of Is This Thing Loaded? and the much high gloss recording/mixing/production of Pollyanna and I think they would have sold far more copies of Is This Thing Loaded?....one man's opinion

i have the white /100 from iodine.. you're essentially right... i was using the term remastered too loosely.. however fixing any mixing problems usually goes hand in hand with a remaster.. the problem i was referring to is with the compression in the highs and the lack of a certain fullness on the lows.. i realize that this comes from cheap production due to it being a band's first record on a budget.. it is a condition in many pop/punk recordings from that era and i appreciate the sound as a trademark of the music i listened to back then.. i'm just saying with a reissue i'd like to see what the album would have sounded like with the production quality that the devil and god, or even deja got.