PO: Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon LP 10th Anniv

jhulud

by reading this thread ive realized SRC is a horrible store to buy from, so anyone wanna help out. what do you guys think is best amazon or interpunk to buy from?

Just depends if you're getting over $25 worth of shit from amazon to get free shipping. Otherwise interpunk has always been awesome. Either way you can't go wrong with those 2 stores and sometimes src is ok just plenty of problems

doesn't SRC sponsor the board in some way? Anyway, I don't like their website. Why do they list the CD price, then when you click the radio button for LP it shows the LP price... stupid. I feel like they're taking a shot in my mouth... cuz i see that price and I'm like sweet... then add 50% to the price. Don't they know that people are primarily coming for vinyl not CD primarily?

I have no way of verifying this bold assumption....

Honestly, the reason CD sales fail is they don't provide jack for audio quality. It shouldn't even be possible for people to not notice the difference between CD and MP3 for how much audio is missing.

Anyway, thanks to SRC email I pre-ordered it (from amazon).

^ you don't know what people are buying and the thing is in the music market the popularity still probably goes 1.mp3s 2. cds 3.vinyl... vinyl may be making(or made?) a come back but it's still a small market of people still i mean look at hot topic.. i go in there for vinyl but they have a wider selection of CDs

Honestly, the reason CD sales fail is they don't provide jack for audio quality. It shouldn't even be possible for people to not notice the difference between CD and MP3 for how much audio is missing.

The frequency range of CDs covers the full spectrum of human hearing. "how much audio is missing" is indistinguishable. You may like how vinyl colors the sound, but if you think CDs are inherently a bad format for all the inaudible frequencies they cut off, you've been hanging around the Steve Hoffman forums too much. Also, MP3s are an efficient means of compressing music into a manageable size. Numerous blind tests have shown you need an engineer's ear to spot any differences at all between high quality MP3s and lossless audio.

The frequency range of CDs covers the full spectrum of human hearing. "how much audio is missing" is indistinguishable. You may like how vinyl colors the sound, but if you think CDs are inherently a bad format for all the inaudible frequencies they cut off, you've been hanging around the Steve Hoffman forums too much. Also, MP3s are an efficient means of compressing music into a manageable size. Numerous blind tests have shown you need an engineer's ear to spot any differences at all between high quality MP3s and lossless audio.

pretty much spot on

doesn't SRC sponsor the board in some way? Anyway, I don't like their website. Why do they list the CD price, then when you click the radio button for LP it shows the LP price... stupid. I feel like they're taking a shot in my mouth... cuz i see that price and I'm like sweet... then add 50% to the price. Don't they know that people are primarily coming for vinyl not CD primarily?

We own the board and pay to continue to host it. So without us, it would not exist. Actually, Virgil was going to delete it until we offered to take over.

And thanks for the input on CD/ LP thing. Although I never thought of it the way you guys do, I understand where you are coming from. I will send this off to the guy who runs the site to see if we can improve and change this.

We own the board and pay to continue to host it.

isnt proboards free...

^^ Yes...but you have to pay if you want it to be ad-free...the "board owner" does.

And yes...we know there are ad-blockers on Chrome and Firefox and yadda yadda yadda...

then why is there a 'click here to make this board ad free' button on the bottom of the page?

^^ Yes...but you have to pay if you want it to be ad-free...the "board owner" does.

And yes...we know there are ad-blockers on Chrome and Firefox and yadda yadda yadda...

then why is there a 'click here to make this board ad free' button on the bottom of the page?

That is a good question! You can see that even though you are not an admin?