PO: Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon LP 10th Anniv

jhulud

will purchase.

side story. i saw these dudes play with glassjaw (i think, maybe finch) i guess over ten years ago. when they played, they were like f'ing metal. singer was bashing his guitar over his head and shit....they...were...CRAZY.

bought the cd, and didnt even think it was the same band...but had this shit in the cd player from st.louis to hilton head and this shit brings back some crazy memories.

When I saw them open for Face to Face in 2002, I just remember that they seemed like Simple Plan. A handful of screaming girls up front while the singer crooned pop punk to them. It was terrible. Took a long time for me to believe the hype about Deja Entendu. That was a surprise.

oh really? then RABBLERABBLEBONUSTRACKRABBLERABBLE

YFW was the first record I ever purchased...the only reason I bought it over a T-Shirt that night was because it had a bonus track that I hadn't heard....so the Bonus Track is definitely make or break for me, the bonus track itself is responsible for me owning and listening to vinyl for the past 9 or 10 years

now taking bets on how long after this comes out that MTS or AFS will press this. maybe they will have "linear" notes too.

now that'd be funny

think it's pretty much inevitable with this. they did the same thing with the other Brand New album and all the Blink 182 reissues they did except for the s/t album, wait till the first place does a half assed job with their pressing and it sells out then announce their own super duper deluxe special edition top notch packaging version. the fact that this is a 10th anniversary thing almost guaranteees that MTS or AFS will release this as part of their ongoing 10th anniversary series, but the pre-order will take so long it will come out 11 years after the album's initial release.

now that'd be funny

think it's pretty much inevitable with this. they did the same thing with the other Brand New album and all the Blink 182 reissues they did except for the s/t album, wait till the first place does a half assed job with their pressing and it sells out then announce their own super duper deluxe special edition top notch packaging version. the fact that this is a 10th anniversary thing almost guaranteees that MTS or AFS will release this as part of their ongoing 10th anniversary series, but the pre-order will take so long it will come out 11 years after the album's initial release.

I hate to be the reasonable one here, but his access to Devil and God came from his connections to UMG.

My nine rides shotgun is the worst brand new song I've ever heard so I'm glad I won't have to skip it while listening to the record. I'm going to wait a while to get this though and see what my options are

I'm going with "Am I Wrong" or one of those leaked demos for The Devil and God for worst Brand New song

edit: Completely forgot Daisy happened...I'd take "My Nine Rides Shotgun" over that entire album actually

My nine rides shotgun is the worst brand new song I've ever heard so I'm glad I won't have to skip it while listening to the record. I'm going to wait a while to get this though and see what my options are

I'm going with "Am I Wrong" or one of those leaked demos for The Devil and God for worst Brand New song

edit: Completely forgot Daisy happened...I'd take "My Nine Rides Shotgun" over that entire album actually

That is crazy. Shotgun has probably some of the shittiest lyrics Jesse Lacey has written. I honestly cannot stand that track. Weapon was my favorite album for a long time until Deja came out and since then I tend to forget BN even did this album. But if you like it then more power to ya. I just will never like that song