Smashing Pumpkins

There's a used copy of Future Embrace on cd for cheap at my local store that I've been tempted a couple times to pick up.  Never heard it, is it any good?

It's good in some really cathartic ways. I feel like while it isn't incredible, it shares alot with Adore. 

Also, it did kind of get swept under the rug when Billy announced the SP reunion on the same day as his record release. 

It's good in some really cathartic ways. I feel like while it isn't incredible, it shares alot with Adore. 

Also, it did kind of get swept under the rug when Billy announced the SP reunion on the same day as his record release. 

Hmmm, if it shares a lot with Adore, I'd probably dig it.  I think it's only like 3 or 4 bucks.  I'll probably snag it the next time I go to the record store.  Thanks for the feedback.

Hmmm, if it shares a lot with Adore, I'd probably dig it.  I think it's only like 3 or 4 bucks.  I'll probably snag it the next time I go to the record store.  Thanks for the feedback.

it's got some great tunes and some not-so-great tunes. i feel like the tracks should have been in a different order so they'd flow better.

I am curious to when the Pumpkin Reissue train ends what will come next. I wonder if he will feel like diving into the Future Embrace and Zwan era's. There has to be some untapped gold in there somewhere. 

i believe TFE, Zwan, and Zeitgeist rights are reverting to BC sometime between 2015 and 2017 and he is going to be reissuing those too. Rumor has it the chicago kid stuff will come out along with TFE and I know Zwan has at least 40 recordings never released (Spun soundtrack, all the songs from the DVD, etc) and tons of live stuff.

i believe TFE, Zwan, and Zeitgeist rights are reverting to BC sometime between 2015 and 2017 and he is going to be reissuing those too. Rumor has it the chicago kid stuff will come out along with TFE and I know Zwan has at least 40 recordings never released (Spun soundtrack, all the songs from the DVD, etc) and tons of live stuff.

The first 4 live shows that Zwan put on were incredible.  I was at the first two.  Over half that stuff never got released.  Probably their best work, in my opinion.

Fear and greed.  $80 is a good price but it seems to just keep going lower and lower - down $5 a day for the last week or so. I'm afraid if I don't grab it soon it will jump back to $120, but on the other hand, I'm really curious how low it can go.

price just jumped .20. i think it's done going down. now's the time to jump on it if you're waiting.

As a hard core fan myself I will advise you to stay away from Future Embrace. It is a cold stale turd of an album. Comparing it to Adore is heresy.

The first 4 live shows that Zwan put on were incredible.  I was at the first two.  Over half that stuff never got released.  Probably their best work, in my opinion.

i think i went to one of those shows and yeah most of the stuff played didn't show up on the Zwan album.  i was living in LA at the time and we drove south for like 40 minutes.  the venue was weird, my wife an i sat at a table for four for the show.  another couple sat at the table with us.  i think i have a Zwan shirt in the attic somewhere, there is an odd inside the shirt print on it.

As a hard core fan myself I will advise you to stay away from Future Embrace. It is a cold stale turd of an album. Comparing it to Adore is heresy.

TFE is kind of an electronic gothic album. He relies on influences like Cure and Bauhaus, it has that dark mood all around it. I guess a handful of fans were dissapointed 'cause they were expecting an acoustic album for a solo debut, something that would represent Corgan's qualities as he's recognized from the Pumpkins. The point is that it's got Billy's handcraft in top form although it's buried or disguised under the electronic approach. I also don't see the relations between it and Adore, the latter is an acoustic/piano album supported by electronic structures while TFE is purposedly based on electronic arrangements. The fact is that time made me enjoy TFE and it's my favorite Corgan related music since the classic Pumpkins called it quits. Yeah, better than Zwan IMHO.

Really excited to find out about the tea shop. Going up to Chicago this weekend and we'll hit it up for sure!

If you are in town come to our wrestling show ( I work for his wrestling company), he will be there. www.resistancepro.com.

The show is Friday night in Willowbrook which is about a half hour west of Chicago. 

If you are in town come to our wrestling show ( I work for his wrestling company), he will be there. www.resistancepro.com.

The show is Friday night in Willowbrook which is about a half hour west of Chicago. 

Man, I'd love to, but we're road tripping up to Chicago for the Into It. Over It. album release show that night. Maybe next time!

YES!

Just got notification that my Aeroplane Vinyl set is out for delivery. Only took two days to get here from canada with the $16 expedited shipping (standard shipping was $15).  The price went up a couple bucks last night. If you want it for under $100, i'd jump on this now...

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D5YNQ5E/ref=shptrk_scth

Don't got the scratch for even this really good deal.  Already dropped all my vinyl spending money this week.  I'm just going to hope it's still reasonably priced around Christmas time.

I don't recall anyone giving any kind of an in-depth review of the sound quality of this box.  If any of the discs have issues similar to MCIS reissue disc 1 IGD, I may even pass on it all together.

Don't got the scratch for even this really good deal.  Already dropped all my vinyl spending money this week.  I'm just going to hope it's still reasonably priced around Christmas time.

I don't recall anyone giving any kind of an in-depth review of the sound quality of this box.  If any of the discs have issues similar to MCIS reissue disc 1 IGD, I may even pass on it all together.

As someone who was driven crazy by the MCIS issues, I can happily report that none of the audio defects are present on the Aeroplane box. It truly sounds incredible.