Smashing Pumpkins

What?! That's awesome. Did you talk to him?

not really. said thank you on the way out. my girlfriend took a picture with him. he said he would try to make it a weekly thing as long as he's in town.

There were a couple people that kept talking to him, but most people respected him and just enjoyed the tea and music. He was cool about talking to people. ie "I know you know the song, but can you guess who's doing this cover?".

Also, I had nothing much to say to him outside of pumpkins talk and I don't think he wanted to talk about that stuff. We did say we were excited to finally come up and see the shop and that it looked fantastic. He said he loves spending time improving it and getting it the way he envisioned. My girlfriend said he should open a bookstore next and he said he wants to start selling some holistic and poetry books.

not really. said thank you on the way out. my girlfriend took a picture with him. he said he would try to make it a weekly thing as long as he's in town.

There were a couple people that kept talking to him, but most people respected him and just enjoyed the tea and music. He was cool about talking to people. ie "I know you know the song, but can you guess who's doing this cover?".

Also, I had nothing much to say to him outside of pumpkins talk and I don't think he wanted to talk about that stuff. We did say we were excited to finally come up and see the shop and that it looked fantastic. He said he loves spending time improving it and getting it the way he envisioned. My girlfriend said he should open a bookstore next and he said he wants to start selling some holistic and poetry books.

That is bodacious! What kind of music was he playing? The teahouse had some really good carrot cake, and I remember trying some tea they called "Ultimate darkness" or something along those lines. I like that place. 

Sounds like a great time.

it was, except when a photographer came in for the last hour. billy knew him, but seemed somewhat irritated. i was really annoyed because it was so chill and nice, after a long friday, then this guy is shooting 100's of pictures with his flash and talking billy's ear off.

it was, except when a photographer came in for the last hour. billy knew him, but seemed somewhat irritated. i was really annoyed because it was so chill and nice, after a long friday, then this guy is shooting 100's of pictures with his flash and talking billy's ear off.

Billy probably was relishing the opportunity to just relax and enjoy music with like minded people and was put off when he had to entertain someone

also, the aeroplane vinyl set is down to 79.95 CAD on amazon.ca. Comes out to about $95 shipped to the US. Can't see it going much lower. Even if it drops $10, i'll still feel like i got a good deal. Think I'm gonna pull the trigger. I was listening to my original CD box yesterday and know I really want these on wax.

Billy probably was relishing the opportunity to just relax and enjoy music with like minded people and was put off when he had to entertain someone

I think that's what he likes about the tea shop and having it in Highland Park. There was a group of 4 40-50 somethings that came because one of their kids away from college told them billy was there. Billy had a great time talking to them about old records. Except when he told them to "guess the band" one guy kept saying "Smashing Pumpkins!" and he just shook his head.

He was pretty polite to the photographer. I was probably more annoyed than him. he was also really cool about people asking for pictures. One guy even asked him to pick up the acoustic guitar in the corner for his photo, and billy was cool with it.

I think that's what he likes about the tea shop and having it in Highland Park. There was a group of 4 40-50 somethings that came because one of their kids away from college told them billy was there. Billy had a great time talking to them about old records. Except when he told them to "guess the band" one guy kept saying "Smashing Pumpkins!" and he just shook his head.

That dude sounds like a tool.  Just because you are around someone famous doesn't mean that you have to act foolish.

also, the aeroplane vinyl set is down to 79.95 CAD on amazon.ca. Comes out to about $95 shipped to the US. Can't see it going much lower. Even if it drops $10, i'll still feel like i got a good deal. Think I'm gonna pull the trigger. I was listening to my original CD box yesterday and know I really want these on wax.

i should note that it only cost $1 more for expedited shipping.

Fear and greed.  $80 is a good price but it seems to just keep going lower and lower - down $5 a day for the last week or so. I'm afraid if I don't grab it soon it will jump back to $120, but on the other hand, I'm really curious how low it can go.

Fear and greed.  $80 is a good price but it seems to just keep going lower and lower - down $5 a day for the last week or so. I'm afraid if I don't grab it soon it will jump back to $120, but on the other hand, I'm really curious how low it can go.

like i said, even if it drops another $10, $95 is still reasonable compared to the $140-175 normal tag on it.