Smashing Pumpkins

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking around at random stuff and came across this on Crestfallen.com.  I hadn't seen this update back in September about the Adore reissue.  I can't wait..... gotta happen sometime in 2014, but when?

http://www.crestfallen.com/2013/09/18/update-the-smashing-pumpkins-adore-reissue-status/

There is another crestfallen post that shows a screen capture of an interview from pink pop. The screen capture is dubbed Dublin which is the show they played the night before Pinkpop. So it may be a hint at the DVD material being a show from Dublin. Monte also states that the Dublin show was Pro shot.

I seriously cannot wait for this reissue. I love that era of the band and D'arcy's boobies.

• 4 weeks later...

Just read that the Adore set is 5 discs (one being a DVD) and that the mono mixes will be included. 

Pretty cool.

Wonder if the vinyl version will be Stereo or Mono like the original.

I asked the same question a while back.  I'm too lazy to dig back in the thread, but the response I got is that it'll be in stereo :)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody ever heard or heard of the UK boot called "Chicago Tapes and Unreleased Demos" 2xLP?  I've seen it available online for a decent price a couple of times and I'm really curious.  I don't want it if it sounds awful though.

http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Tapes-And-Unreleased-Demos/dp/B0058UHFVE

Has anybody ever heard or heard of the UK boot called "Chicago Tapes and Unreleased Demos" 2xLP?  I've seen it available online for a decent price a couple of times and I'm really curious.  I don't want it if it sounds awful though.

http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Tapes-And-Unreleased-Demos/dp/B0058UHFVE

Owned it briefly. Terrible packaging, terrible audio. Save your money. 

Owned it briefly. Terrible packaging, terrible audio. Save your money. 

Totally did.  Instead, I put up $107 USD shipped for that Aeroplane Flies High box last night from Amazon.ca  I couldn't stand to watch the price creep back up above $100 again, should have got it a few months back when I think it was listed for something like $80 CDN.  Ah well... $100 bucks for a 5LP box isn't too bad at all if you think of it as $20 per record.

Still anxiously awaiting the Adore reissue.  Gonna be shweeeeeeet!