sublime 40 oz to freedom repress

Is this still at 2,000 copies or have additional copies been pressed? Seems weird that this went back up yesterday and still doesn't show sold out on Hot Topic's website. Over the past few weeks these would only appear for a few hours (tops) before showing sold out.

It hasnt been repressed. 2,000 is a huge amount of records. It took Newbury 6 months to sell out of 1500 of the ST Sublime record. To put it in perspective.

It hasnt been repressed. 2,000 is a huge amount of records. It took Newbury 6 months to sell out of 1500 of the ST Sublime record. To put it in perspective.

To be fair, the S/T was in press on black. 40oz hasn't had a press in five years, and that was another HT exclusive.

I can see what you mean here, but I always attributed that particular case to the absurd price Newbury was selling those S/T's at. Anyway, I hope I'm just overreacting but it seems a little weird. 

40oz is better (I would say this is subjective but it's really not), but less popular among Sublime fans/casual listeners who would shop at Newbury. The reason 40oz sold so quickly is because of its profit potential. I would wager that the majority of orders for this press were for multiple copies for resale, followed then by dedicated fans like (most of) us who wanted a copy for personal listening, followed then by casual fans of Sublime or those Hot Topic shoppers who hang splatter records on their walls, or the demographic I would call the Crosleys.

The self-titled is widely available for cheap, so even the limited pressings do not command the same prices that 40oz does among collectors. Casual fans of Sublime are not likely to buy 40oz, especially not at inflated flipper prices. This is true even considering Newbury's terrible pricing model.

These are the reasons that Newbury took so long to sell their copies of Sublime while 40oz sold so quickly.

Is this still at 2,000 copies or have additional copies been pressed? Seems weird that this went back up yesterday and still doesn't show sold out on Hot Topic's website. Over the past few weeks these would only appear for a few hours (tops) before showing sold out. 

they put them up in batches or "waves", on the site, so the folks in the warehouse can keep up on packaging/shipping properly, sending them out in a timely fashion, etc.

they put them up in batches or "waves", on the site, so the folks in the warehouse can keep up on packaging/shipping properly, sending them out in a timely fashion, etc.

Then they shouldn't have been cancelling peoples orders for being "out of stock".

Not really how it works

It's just... $30 after tax is a lot, and I just dropped that much on Lydia's debut. Money sucks.

What's weird is that they must've gotten an extra one? 'Cause there was definitely two at first, and someone earlier in the thread said they got one from the same store I'm talking about. I checked earlier this week and definitely saw two copies. I guess there aren't many people in Metairie who like Sublime and collect vinyl and don't mind walking into Hot Topic.

To be fair, the S/T was in press on black. 40oz hasn't had a press in five years, and that was another HT exclusive.

The Newbury pressing was a limited release on white, 1500 copies. Released in February and sold out in August. The black ST was pressed in 2008 and took 7 years to sell out. It was repressed last month.

I can see what you mean here, but I always attributed that particular case to the absurd price Newbury was selling those S/T's at. Anyway, I hope I'm just overreacting but it seems a little weird.

Truth. It was very high priced.

The ST is a much better product as far as records go though. Pressed at RTI, and mastered by Kevin Gray, one of the best vinyl engineers in the world.

It's just... $30 after tax is a lot, and I just dropped that much on Lydia's debut. Money sucks.

What's weird is that they must've gotten an extra one? 'Cause there was definitely two at first, and someone earlier in the thread said they got one from the same store I'm talking about. I checked earlier this week and definitely saw two copies. I guess there aren't many people in Metairie who like Sublime and collect vinyl and don't mind walking into Hot Topic.

True. But this album owns. It is expensive, but if you're even debating buying it, grab it. It will only go up in price once it's oop.

I got lucky buying this cheap. Hot Topic employees don't always read their coupon details, hahaha.

True. But this album owns. It is expensive, but if you're even debating buying it, grab it. It will only go up in price once it's oop.

I got lucky buying this cheap. Hot Topic employees don't always read their coupon details, hahaha.

Given there're still *two* copies at my store, I'll be willing to press my luck and buy it when my funds allow. It would be great to hear this thing on wax, and the color is amazing.

Uh-oh. Miguel posted through the Perro Bravo page on Facebook that they're remastering all of Sublime's albums for vinyl.

"hanging out and re-mastering the sublime catalog for vinyl release, from the original analog tapes. at bernie grundman mastering, hollywood ca."

I imagine these will be the best copies to own once they're available.

"hanging out and re-mastering the sublime catalog for vinyl release, from the original analog tapes. at bernie grundman mastering, hollywood ca."

I imagine these will be the best copies to own once they're available.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Would be awesome if it's Bellman cutting them. Very excited for this but as mentioned how can the S/T be improved on, the current press sounds great!