Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a RSD heads up for you all. If you want the Social Distortion LP with the AUTOGRAPHED poster, look for the LP that has the green sticker on it and also make sure that on the back, where the barcode is, it says "Signed Poster" on the sticker. There are two versions, each limited to 750 copies. One has a signed poster, one doesn't. But this way, you won't go home disappointed.

I'm debating on driving over to Looney Tunes to get the blue-vinyl TBS release, but they're nearly an hour away from me and I bet it won't be worth it no matter how early i get there. They're letting in VIPs an hour before everyone else, but anyone can be a VIP...if you pay $25 to become one. LAME. Taking care of your regulars? I get it and I respect it. But a full hour? There won't be a damn thing left by the time you let it everyone else; the VIPs will march up to the register with 10 TBSs apiece. Throwing on an extra $25 charge just to get the one record you can't get elsewhere is just extorting your customers. Actually, it's called "say 'screw it' and go to our competitors instead," because that's probably what I'm going to do.

Got this in today and wanted to share. This is the limited US version of INTEGRITY "Palm Sunday" LP for RSD 2012. There is another version for International stores.

US version-

White vinyl limited of 250 w/ 18" x 24" poster

Available Exclusively at these stores.

-Celebrated Summer in Baltimore MD. www.facebook.com/pages/Celebrated-Summer-Records/102268616492594

-Reckless Records Chicago IL. www.reckless.com

-TKO Records Fountain Valley CA. www.tkorecords.com

International version-Solid Grey vinyl limited to 325 w/ 18" x 24" poster.

Available to any non US store.

So far the International stores that we know will be carrying it are.

-Ritual in Australia

-Kill The Music in Australia

-Clarity in Australia

-Jarno/plastic idols in Germany

-Per Koro in Germany

-Green Hell in Germany

-Disk Union in Japan

-Ignite in the UK

[image]

Well after calling the three shops that were supposed to order me what I was looking for they all stated they didn't get any of it in. Here's what I'm looking for

Straylight Run

Fun.

TBS

Anberlin- both

Mae

If anyone can pick me up a copy of this I will pay cost, shipping, and extra. Thanks to anyone who helps, I greatly appreciate it!

Well after calling the three shops that were supposed to order me what I was looking for they all stated they didn't get any of it in. Here's what I'm looking for

Straylight Run

Fun.

TBS

Anberlin- both

Mae

If anyone can pick me up a copy of this I will pay cost, shipping, and extra. Thanks to anyone who helps, I greatly appreciate it!

hey man, i know culture clash in toledo (which isnt too far from you) is getting TBS, fun, and anberlin never take friendship personal.

might be worth the short drive for you just a heads up!

well shit.

i'm stuck at home tomorrow, but i already have a friend going to A-Pop to pick me up a copy of burst and bloom.

anyone here in saint louis going to vintage vinyl? i'd like to score a copy of those big muddy mix tapes they'll be handing it.

Pretty sure I am going to go to Vintage first this year. Last year I went to Euclid first was about 10 people deep but the minute the doors opened it was a free for all mess. I went to vintage after and they had a nice line and everyone went through the stuff one by one, took forever but was much nicer.

Straylight Run

Fun.

TBS

Anberlin- both

Mae

hey man, i know culture clash in toledo (which isnt too far from you) is getting TBS, fun, and anberlin never take friendship personal.

Thanks for the info, I may take the drive. It's about 3 hours :-/

still went for less than the flexi

Thanks for the info, I may take the drive. It's about 3 hours :-/

i'm already trying to get mae for a friend, but i can surely try to help you out. and if you get things, i'll just sell it to someone on here for cost + shipping...or keep for myself hehe

Believe it or not, actually picked up almost everything I wanted today. I've known the local shop owner for years, from well before he even ever had the idea to open a CD store (and that was the late 90s), so he special ordered some stuff for me that he'd otherwise never order for tomorrow.

Couldn't get the Carolina Chocolate Drops/Run-DMC split though, so I'll still be out hunting, and I'm still tempted to go to Looney Tunes for the afore bitched-about Blue Vinyl release. But overall, very happy to score these early.

The Foster The People 7" is yellow vinyl--that was a surprise to me; I don't think they mentioned that in the lists.

The Knack splatter is white and tan/pink; really unusual but nice. Great rendition of "My Sharona" too.