Embarrassing music stories?

Anyone got any good embarrassing stories involving music? I'll share the one that still haunts me.

Saw Mighty Mighty Bosstones a few months after "Jacknife To A Swan" came out. It was a small club and I was super psyched. I made my way to the very front and was enjoying the fuck out of the concert.

They were playing mostly older songs so I was loving it. Dicky kept shoving the mic in the faces of people. It was almost as if he was gauging us on whether we were true fans. He never approached me even though I was singing along with every song.

Then it happened. "This one is off our new album!" Barrett said.

I only listened to "Jacknife" a few times. I didn't know the songs very well. You can see where this is going. Dicky shoves the mic in my face and I just freeze. No clue what the words were. I felt shamed.

Why Dicky? Why now? Why not during "Never Lose My Wallet" or "Hell of a Hat"? I prayed that he would come back to me. Give me another shot! Oh "Someday I Suppose" come back to me sir. I know this song backwards. He never came back.

:(

Guest markovianprocess

I once fell down an entire flight of boat stairs and broke my amp when meeting a local promoter for the first time (gig was on a docked boat).

I was seeing Further Seems Forever in 2001 in Tallahassee, FL. I saw a guy that looked like the Chad the bass player at the bar and I wanted to talk to him. I proceeded to walk up and tell him I was a fan of his band. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks...he was not Chad from FSF. This guy, however, was in a local band and I had to have a five minute conversation with him because he was excited to tell me about his shitty local band. I nodded and smiled and said innocuous things.

Sold it like a champ but felt stupid afterward.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':twao971w]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':twao971w]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I was at a small club that had a back area about 8 feet off the ground that you could get to by stairs. I was in that back area and there were some girls sitting on the railing in front of me and my friend and basically blocking everyone behind them...just super annoying and inconsiderate. Well, eventually they hopped off and my friend and I took the opportunity to scoot forward and occupy the railing space where they had been sitting. A few minutes later, the girls come back and wanted their spots back, trying to get up from the ground level to the railing. Well I wasn't having any of that, so I basically tried to keep one of the girls and her boyfriend who was trying to help her get back up on to the railing from getting her up there. She was persistent and basically started wrestling with me to get up there, made it up to the railing and then fell backward onto the floor below me at my feet. I was super annoyed and the girl stands up, looks at me and I realize it's a girl I had a huge crush on in 8th grade--and she knew I liked her. And she remembers me. I'm a freshman in college at the time. So I had to act friendly/apologetic blah blah blah--it was embarrassing at the time, trying to recover after I acted like a bit of an ass to her.

July 4, 2001. Moline, IL. Blink 182, New Found Glory, Alkaline Trio

My buddies and I were hanging outside the venue (The Mark) all day, so we could get up front. We have a cooler and drink all day without eating. I'm not sure how we didn't get arrested/public intox, but anyway......

During that time we hang with New Found Glory for a good half hour, and Jordan and Chad tell us that they will pull me and a buddy onstage to sing "Boy Crazy" with them if we get up front.

So Alkaline Trio play first, and we are getting crushed up front. Not feeling well, light headed, sweaty, dehydrated, etc. we are just a wreck. Sure enough a few songs into NFG's set, Jordan tells the security dudes to let my buddy and I onstage to sing with them. So we get up there, and can barely stand and feel like shit. After the 1st chorus, I had to run to the back of the stage by Cyrus' drums and just start dry heaving like a motherfucker. My buddy does the same. They are laughing and then after the song we exit the side of the stage, walking right past Blink and Trio, not saying a word to them as they were laughing at us too. (Although the did give us high fives)

Ok, that's my story about how I thought it was cool to drink Jagrmeister all day in the July heat without eating.

Before I could switch the track, James starts bobbing his head like he's really digging it, and then he asks, "Who is this?" I then had to tell him he was listening to a song he helped write.

did he really help write it tho? i thought he just kinda played keyboards and didn't really have much to do with the band.

either way, drugs man, drugs.

this one isnt to serious but it was funny none the less and didnt really invlove me. back in 2005 i was playing a show in Salt Lake. the show is pretty much a bust, theres like 10 people there and 5 of them are in the local band. anyway, our drummer, the drummer for bensin and i are the only people watching the local band play. the drummer has a ridiculous drum set, looked like it had 146 pieces, just outrageous. they start the first song, make it through and then the drummer turns to the right and vomits like a motherfucker. the three of us loose our shit laughing at said dude. they played two more songs, packed up and left.

Before I could switch the track, James starts bobbing his head like he's really digging it, and then he asks, "Who is this?" I then had to tell him he was listening to a song he helped write.

did he really help write it tho? i thought he just kinda played keyboards and didn't really have much to do with the band.

either way, drugs man, drugs.

....orrrrrrrrrr, he was just laying it on extra thick. played a few shows with these guys around '05 and the dude was as dry as they come.

When I went to see Daughters They were entirely to drunk to be playing singer forgot alot of lyrics and mumbled alot and tried to hang from the lights and fell down with them in his hands. That had to be pretty embarrasing.

reminds me of a couple years ago when i saw the constantines open for alexisonfire. the bassist was absolutely hammered from the time they walked on stage and proceeded to chug 7-8 beers within the first 20 mins of their set. by the end he was lying on the stage trying to strum his bass with his forehead.

Victory Records tour in '02 i believe @ The Masquerade (Heaven) in Atlanta, GA

Taking Back Sunday, Student Rick, Reach The Sky, Grade, Catch-22

Had a blast, loved every band. Kyle Bishop was literally hunting me down to give me to the mic in the crowd, was on a super high. Catch-22 came out, huge skank-pit, lots of stage dives from everybody, everybody singing along....1,2,3,4 comes around, people are just jumping up on stage singing into any mic they can find...I'm one of those people up on stage singing along....chorus ends, i just start skanking on stage, I realize I'm the only person not in Catch-22 on stage, so I go to stage-dive....pick the wrong part of the crowd, crowd shifts as the pit opens up behind me...and I jump off of the stage directly onto my back flat on the floor with not a hand to even try to catch me...felt a fool

with references to reggie and someone throwing a can in this thread, im gonna take this opportunity to be the asshole who goes in the opposite direction of the thread.

saw reggie on the farewell tour in 08 at the middle east in cambridge. during the last song of the night, his guitarist stepped up to the front of the stage, took a swig of his pbr tall boy, and in one motion tossed it into the crowd and started wailing.

as swiftly as this happened, the mostly full can was tossed directly to me, where i started chugging without hesitation. by the time i finished and crushed the can, i realized about 5 people were standing around me in awe of how fucking rad it all was.

COOL STORY BRO!!!!!!!!!!

(it was so cool)

i can remember attending the punk o rama tour sometime around 00 or 01? maybe?

fenix tx played, and were booed the entire time, they left after 4 or 5 songs.

the singer was like "c'mon guys thats not nice! we worked real hard to make it here" etc. between songs.

embarrassing for them i suppose.

i can remember attending the punk o rama tour sometime around 00 or 01? maybe?

fenix tx played, and were booed the entire time, they left after 4 or 5 songs.

the singer was like "c'mon guys thats not nice! we worked real hard to make it here" etc. between songs.

embarrassing for them i suppose.

now THAT'S funny

I was at a small club that had a back area about 8 feet off the ground that you could get to by stairs. I was in that back area and there were some girls sitting on the railing in front of me and my friend and basically blocking everyone behind them...just super annoying and inconsiderate. Well, eventually they hopped off and my friend and I took the opportunity to scoot forward and occupy the railing space where they had been sitting. A few minutes later, the girls come back and wanted their spots back, trying to get up from the ground level to the railing. Well I wasn't having any of that, so I basically tried to keep one of the girls and her boyfriend who was trying to help her get back up on to the railing from getting her up there. She was persistent and basically started wrestling with me to get up there, made it up to the railing and then fell backward onto the floor below me at my feet. I was super annoyed and the girl stands up, looks at me and I realize it's a girl I had a huge crush on in 8th grade--and she knew I liked her. And she remembers me. I'm a freshman in college at the time. So I had to act friendly/apologetic blah blah blah--it was embarrassing at the time, trying to recover after I acted like a bit of an ass to her.

You were in college and you rolled over like a bitch for some stupid girl that you had a crush on in the 8th grade? Dude, that's fucking weak.

Guest doublejvictory

Had a blast, loved every band. Kyle Bishop was literally hunting me down to give me to the mic in the crowd, was on a super high. Catch-22 came out, huge skank-pit, lots of stage dives from everybody, everybody singing along....1,2,3,4 comes around, people are just jumping up on stage singing into any mic they can find...I'm one of those people up on stage singing along....chorus ends, i just start skanking on stage, I realize I'm the only person not in Catch-22 on stage, so I go to stage-dive....pick the wrong part of the crowd, crowd shifts as the pit opens up behind me...and I jump off of the stage directly onto my back flat on the floor with not a hand to even try to catch me...felt a fool

I was there! that was an awesome show!

You were in college and you rolled over like a bitch for some stupid girl that you had a crush on in the 8th grade? Dude, that's fucking weak.

Hah! Yeah, that's basically it. Pretty embarrassing all around :)

I was there! that was an awesome show!

[image]

BRUMMEL APROOOVED!