Anyone Know Anything About Paranormal Shit?

I've had quite a few very strange experiences that I've never been able to explain.

A couple of the weirdest ones (sorry for the long read):

When I was about 10 years old, I woke up and looked out my bedroom door into the hallway and was absolutely convinced I saw a black cat sitting there staring at me (we didn't own a cat). I could even see it's eyes reflecting the nightlight that we had in the hallway. I laid back down, then looked up again, only to see it sitting about a foot away from the side of my bed staring up at me. I ducked under the covers and stayed there until morning. I'd somewhat forgotten about this, until about a week ago our two year old daughter said she couldn't sleep because of the "scary cat" in her room (we don't own a cat either, and she doesn't have any stuffed animal cats). I blew it off as just a little kid's imagination, but I don't know what to think.

When I was in high school my friends and I would always go explore all the local "urban legend" haunted sites and graveyards trying to see ghosts. We never did, but one experience still freaks me out. We went to an old unused cemetary that was used years ago by the local psychiatric ward to bury patients whose remains were never claimed by family, or who didn't have any family. It was just an open field with a large cross in the middle, and lots and lots of unmarked graves. Pretty creepy by itself, so that's why it always had a reputation of being haunted. One night we went, didn't see any ghosts, so we started to leave. We had to walk down a dirt road about a 1/4 mile to where we had parked, and the road had thick forest on both sides. As we were walking back, we heard a really loud, deep growling sound. This pretty much freaked us out and we started walking a bit faster, and at this point, we could hear branches snapping and leaves rustling in the woods as if something large was walking right next to us. The growling got louder and closer, we just took off running and never looked back til we got in the car. It certainly could have been a large dog, but I've never heard a dog growl like that, and whatever it was, it had to be pretty big to be breaking sticks like that.

I've never seen a ghost, but my sister and her two roommates did once. My sister and one roommate were in her room, when they both looked up to the doorway to see a tall man wearing a dark suit and hat just standing there. He turned and walked down the hallway, and they heard their other roommate scream (she was in the living room). She came running in and said a tall man in a suit and hat walked into the living room and just disapeared into thin air.

Oh, and to the poster who had the experience of hands grabbing you in your sleep, the exact same thing happened to me. I had an extremely vivid dream when I was a kid that a pair of hands came out from under my bed and started tickling me. I know it was just a dream, but I swear that when I woke up I could still feel them for a second or two.

Good Stories from everyone so far, Besides the Sage thing and Talking to whats happenening. Should I be threatened at all. Last Night Dog went crazy again same time. This time He got in front of me and was in fighting Stance growling like protecting me or something. Very strange. Just hope me bringing this stuff up and talking about it around the house isnt going to escalate things.

My girlfriend has had the shaking bed thing happen to her many times. She says she has woken up and seen a dark figure at the foot of the bed.

One thing that is kinda strange to me is our two year old son sometimes will walk around and say "hi grampie". What is odd is that he doesnt have a grampie as her father died when she was nine and my father is called papa. M grandfather however was called grampie by everyone and my son is named after him as he passed when we found out we were having a kid. My grandmother claims to see him and her son sometimes together outside and wonders when they are coming in. I usually chalked that up to her just being old and starting to have senility, but now that my son is saying it Im starting to wonder. We also dont ever say his name or talk about him that he would pick up on.

When I was younger I too used to go out to the local haunts to see what would happen. Some creepy things happened but nothing really supernatural at those places. When I was in college though I was driving from my college to a friends about 30 minutes or so away. Both schools were in small towns and had to drive down side roads and such to get to the other. It was late at night when I got there and they got in the car and we ended up just driving around. We were driving down this back road when a lady came out and started crossing the road. I slammed the breaks on and she went to the mailbox and turned around. She got to the edge of the road and just vanished. I looked everywhere to where she went but she really did vanish in thin air. We all freaked out and I drove the fuck out of there.

Also when me and the lady went to Eastern state Pen. we took a bunch of photos. A handful of orbs ended up in the pictures we took. That was pretty neat to see.

He has a book called "Ghosts" that I picked up. It is huge and compiles a lot of stuff from some other books into it. Really great read and a good starting point. I think it is around 700 pages or something. It deals with some classic cases, different types of spirits and how to act, how to understand them.

I have kind of a disturbing picture of my Girlfriends Daughter as a baby. If anyone wants to see it they can Pm me. It is very strange Peyton (Her Daughter) is on the Bed and the Doorway is What looks like snow on the tv in the shape of a human. It creeped me out when she showed me so im thinking that this thing in my apt may be her grandfather or whatever it was that was following her and her Daughter when she was a baby.

I've dealt with ghosts a lot in my life. My friend's house growing up was haunted. It was nothing too bad, just the normal stuff turning on and off, voices and name calling when no one else was there. We never saw anything, just heard it.

The house another one of my friends rented was really creepy. After living there for a few weeks we found a pentagram scratched into the floor of one bedrooms, which had all the windows dry walled over. We also found a voodoo doll in a small crawl space. After discovering both, tons of weird shit started happened. A bat was flying around the house one day, and when it was finally caught it just disappeared. There were suddenly a few apparitions that were seen walking around the house or sitting in the same chairs. Most did not cause problems, but one was the creepy get out kind. A few days later the water main blew, and they had to move.

On what grounds do you guys think ghosts can exist? I don't mean to say that with any malice or "ghosts aren't real you ass-clowns" superiority complex (even though I hardly believe in such a thing anymore); I'm genuinely curious.

When I was younger, for about a 6-year period, I would see shit when I was alone in the dark. Like... I distinctly remember this time when I was 7, I had just recently gotten an N64, and I was whoopin some ass in that Yoshi game. My mom came in and asked me if I wanted to come with her to pick my dad up from work, which of course I said no to since there was still more Yoshi to be played. So she left, and I was home alone. It was raining that day and it got worse at some point while I was alone and the power went out. So there I am, sitting in the dark, thinking of what to do until my parents get back when my door opens. Now, when I was 7 I totally believed in ghosts and stuff, but I didn't jump to any conclusions since I knew wind currents could do some interesting shit. So I went around my house and looked for open windows, doors, whatever that might have blown my door open. Nothing. So I go back to my room and close the door. So I'm sitting in the dark trying to read a book when the fucking door opens. I'm sitting there with that OMG-cat face when I see this spooky looking ghoul, like something straight out of an episode of Scooby-Doo. Like... take your typical bed-sheet ghost cartoon, paint it black, red eyes, a fat grin with some sharp teeth, and a much more frayed and spread-out bottom end. It just slid into the doorway with that grin, then it just sat there and suddenly appeared to be a more realistic looking figure; imagine the undead from any well-financed, modern zombie movie. Now lynch that fucker. Now leave it there for a few weeks or so and watch it decay a little and all that good stuff. Now make that image look more ghastly and paley-see-through. That's what the fuck this Scooby-Doo ghoul started to look like. Needless to say my Yoshi-playing ass was not prepared to deal with whatever the hell I was dealing with, so I just bolted out of my room, right through whatever this anomaly was, and into the living room. I hid behind a couch and just sort of cowered there until I saw that tattered, black-bed-sheet end of the cartoon-form (it seemed to be like that when in motion and the zombie-thing when stationary.) pass by the couch. Then I bolted back to my room, closed and locked the door, crawled under the bed, assumed the fetal position, and turned into a bleeding ball of emotion. I absolutely lost my shit when I decided to look toward the door and saw that same nasty bottom-end not only at the foot of the bed, but then suddenly start to rotate upside down so that it's creepy face was looking under the bed at me. But of course, it get better for me since when it stopped spinning, it became motionless and turned into much-more-detailed-gruesome-nasto over there. Shit had no eyes and it just opened its mouth like it was screaming at me, even though there was no audible noise. I just cried and cried and cried until my parents got home. I don't remember what they told me, but I know it didn't do much about whatever was going on as I continued to see that same shit occasionally.

Even still remembering that all vividly and stuff, I'm reluctant to say that it was a ghost encounter now. I don't really doubt that I was playing tricks on myself all along. I mean... I've had a number of weird visions of weird shit in some weird places, but there's never enough to just say it WAS ghost(s).

So that's my best story. I've got a few more, but they don't compare really (or at least they personally didn't fuck with my head that bad as that experience.). I mean... I'm not the nonbeliever that just thinks that the people with "experiences" are just loco. I just don't buy it anymore. Do you guys believe in souls or spirits? You know... like the mortal shell/immortal existence thing? Do you believe there IS a place to go when you die, so that others can get stuck here and not there?

Personally I don't believe in souls/spirits within the living, so I certainly don't believe in them just coming into some form of existence after someone/somethings death. I don't believe in any metaphysical plane of existence for such beings to go to. It makes it hard to believe in ghosts when you believe these things. If ANYTHING, I think my very limited grasp of string theory and entanglement theory could put together some hodgepodge explanation, but it probably wouldn't stand well since I'm no theoretical physicist.

So, beyond personal experiences and stories you've heard of personal experiences, what makes you believe/not-believe in ghosts. Honestly, it's never the story that interests me anyways. It's always the head the story is coming from.

Great stories guys, I love this kind of shit...

I've never really had any apparitions appear, but when I lived at my parents house I always had really weird vibes. My parents live out in the country on top of an old stip mine, and when it gets dark out there...it gets fucking DARK. Anyway, Back when i was younger I always had these weird dreams about something in the basement. It was never a figure that I could make out in my dreams, but I remember lying in bed being afraid to move because I felt like something was watching me. I also remember a few times where I woke up to what sounded like footsteps in the small attic space above my room. I think what made it so scary is that it was always so quiet and dark out there, but I could never shake that feeling. When I joined my band in high school I used to go in the basement at night and play my guitar till about 2 or 3 in the morning. Just about every time I did I would be fine jamming for about an hour, but then all of a sudden I would stop mid song and haul ass out of there because I felt like something was staring at me. I moved out about three years ago, the dreams stopped and the only time I get that weird ass feeling is when I go back to my parents house and spend any time there by myself.

I work with a lady who claims that she has a little girl in her house that likes to play with the mouse on the computer and turn the printer off. But then again, she is kind of crazy so I don't know. She claimed that when she lived in another house she slept in a room where a dude hung himself and she saw his ghost floating above the bed...I don't know it that really happened or not, but its a cool story

The one that probably freaked me out the most is another lady I work with said that one night she got out of the shower and heard music that sounded like a music box playing in her living room...As soon as she opened the door the music stopped. It wasn't her cell phone or the radio so it is pretty unexplained...She has had a bunch of experiences like this in her house though...It doesn't bother her at all...if it were me id be getting the fuck out of there...

over the course of the apartment five people lived there. the fifth one swears one night he woke up and there was a person standing over him watching him while he was in bed. he said it lasted for like thirty minutes.

I dig ghost stuff and think in most situations I'd be fine and not freak out (I live and breathe Dead Space/Horror stuff so I like to think I'm not too easy to legitimately scare) but that is one game I absolutely will not play. There is no way in hell I would not freak the fuck out if I woke up to something staring at me right next to my bed. There's few paranormal situations obviously excluding violent demented crap that would scare me but that is one that absolutely would, I dunno why but the thought of just waking up with some dead dude staring at me is incredibly unnerving.

Anyways since everyone's sharing their stories and shit here's the "best" experience I've had. The house I grew up in up until I was 10 was pretty old, apparently when my parents were remodeling it before I was born they found newspapers from the late 1800's in the walls as they were replacing and installing insulation. One night I was listening to some music on my stereo I just got for christmas and it just suddenly shut off. There was no power surge or anything, no bad weather, the lights didn't flicker, I had JUST got it so I didn't know how to set the sleep function and it wasn't on by default, the remote was sitting on my dresser so I hadn't bumped it, it just randomly turned off. I was freaked out but went to turn it back on anyway. As I was getting up to turn it on I heard footsteps out in my hallway so I opened my door and peaked out to see who was there, there wasn't anyone, my parents were sleeping. I called out their names because you know, I was like 8 years old and pissing myself but nothing. The house was old and the floors would creak, but ONLY when there was weight/someone walking on them, not just because the wind was blowing or it was a rickety heap. So anyways there's about 15 or so feet between my bedroom and the top of the stairs and these footsteps were basically slowly coming towards my room from the top of the stairs. I freaked the hell out, shut my door and got right the fuck under my covers. And sure enough, the footsteps came right to my door and then just stopped. Nothing else at least that I can remember happened after that but yeah. Shit terrified the living hell out of me. 12 or so years later I still use this stereo (hey, it's a good one!) and it's never done that since so it's not like there was some faulty part of it that just screwed up or something for some reason.

I dig most paranormal things. I actually enjoy Ghost Adventures, real or (most likely) not, it's entertaining to watch even if it's all staged. I actually went on a ghost hunt thing with a friend the summer we graduated from high school at Moundsville Penitentiary. Not much happened other than I got incredibly sick and dizzy in the infirmary but it was still fun to go there. Shame that GA never covered that part of the place when they went there. It's way creepy.

Anyways it doesn't sound like this is some evil shit that's gonna start cutting you in your sleep, hopefully anyways haha. If you haven't filmed or tried taking pictures of stuff when your dog is freaking out, especially at the area he's barking at I'd do it, if nothing else just for kicks. If nothing major is happening then big diff, if so though you might get some cool stuff on film. I wouldn't just write off an animal's senses and considering the keys and drawers that's some freaky shit.

Discussion of the supernatural in practically any guise whether in terms of ghosts, poltergeists, religious roots, aliens, etc is always going to be largely speculative. That's a big reason why it's so interesting due to the variance of opinions on whether or not there are other worlds and planes besides that of the living.

I suppose I should add my story in as well.

I was about 10ish-11ish years old and it was just me and my mom living in this apartment. Anyways I was staying up late because it was a Saturday night, and I was watching some thing about searching for the chupacabra on the discovery channel. They get to the part where they're on a mountain in Mexico and it gets to the point where you're supposed to be freaked out because they start freaking out too. So I'm sitting there on my bed watching, while the remote is to my side, and then the tv just flashes off. There was no power surge or anything because my alarm clock was still on and the remote was literally on a pillow right side up next to me, but it flashes off for a few seconds and my room gets really dark. Then it flashes back on with the static and fuzz, but there's a lady's face that's just going back and forth on the screen, it seemed like she was screaming and her eyes were pitch black. I wanted to run out my room and scream, but I couldn't move or make a sound. It felt like she had paralyzed me there or something, anyways after a few more seconds the tv flashes off again. Then it flashes back on back to the show I was watching. That was all that ever happened, but it still put me on edge until we moved out of there.

• 2 months later...

I have some crazy stories that have happened to my family and I. Lets start off with this one.

I was about 4 or 5 and my family was staying with my grandmother at the time since my parents had just moved back to Los Angeles. One night. we were in the master bedroom that led into the guest bedroom as it was an older house built in like the 30s so all the rooms were conjoined. My mom and dad were watching TV with my grandmother and my sister and I were playing in the guest room. right across the hall my other aunt was there doing some studying as she was a teacher so she was preparing her lessons for that week. All of a sudden we hear a phone ring in the kitchen. My sister and I paid no attention but our parents and grandmother were worried. My aunt came in the door and was confused as to the phone ringing. The reason for all this is there was an old rotary phone in the kitchen but it hadnt worked in years. My grandma then went to answer the phone and in spanish she heard the voice of her dead mother saying to take care of her kids because bad things were going to happen. Worried we were all in the master bedroom just scared and confused as to what the hell just happened. Then we hear the piano playing in the dining room and were scared as hell, No one else was in the house. We were all in the bedroom. So my dad and mom run out there to see who was doing this. And there was no one there. The craziest part of this story is that as they get to the dining room the table and chairs were sitting upside down. Freaked us all the fuck out. I to this day do not like going to that house at all.

Cut to a few months later. My family and I were living in the second story of an apartment complex. We were the only apartment at the top as there were 2 smaller units below. One night my mom, sister and I were waiting for my dad to come home so we can have dinner. While watching TV we all of sudden see headlights pass through the living room window. Now we are on the second story so there is no possible way that could have happened. to top it off the complex was built behind a house. so no lights could have ever pass by. about a minute later we hear someone banging on the screen door. My mom then walks to the door tries to turn on the light switch to see who was knocking but the light would not turn on. We then hear something yell from the other side of the door to open the door. my mom then asks who is it. and all they respond is "its your husband". she then says you should have keys then. so at this same time whoever or whatever is out there is trying to open the door to get in. my mom finally gets the light to turn on and then looks through the peephole and there is no one there.

Weeks later my parents hear my toy police car outside their room turned on and driving around. my dad gets up grabs the toy and goes to my room. he yells at me for leaving my toys on and playing when I should be asleep. I was dead asleep so there was no way I was playing with the toy. while trying to turn it off my dad noticed that there was not batteries in it at the time.

I have a bunch more stories but this next one is one of the craziest.

My mom was in labor at the hospital with my brother. my mom is pretty religious especially after all the crazy stuff that has happened to our family. so she was having complications with my brother. so my grandma went to visit her and left her a rosary to pray at night to make sure that the baby would be born healthy. one night in the hospital my mom wakes up as she feels a sudden drop in temperature. in bed and half asleep she stares at the doorway and she sees a figure appear. she notices a tall lady floating across the room. at this moment she notices that the figure has no feet and is actually floating. my mother then immediately grabs her rosary and shuts her eyes and just starts praying silently. she does this until she passes out from the meds she is taking for the pregnancy. she is then awaken by a nurse's scream. turns out my moms roommate at the hospital committed suicide in the bathroom. This story always freaked me out. and i had actually forgotten all about it throughout my school years. til one day I was reading a book on ghosts. and they had a description of the lady my mom saw and it said that this lady is seen during the time of deaths. so if you ever see her it means someone is about to die. that freaked me the eff out.

My mom was in labor at the hospital with my brother. my mom is pretty religious especially after all the crazy stuff that has happened to our family. so she was having complications with my brother. so my grandma went to visit her and left her a rosary to pray at night to make sure that the baby would be born healthy. one night in the hospital my mom wakes up as she feels a sudden drop in temperature. in bed and half asleep she stares at the doorway and she sees a figure appear. she notices a tall lady floating across the room. at this moment she notices that the figure has no feet and is actually floating. my mother then immediately grabs her rosary and shuts her eyes and just starts praying silently. she does this until she passes out from the meds she is taking for the pregnancy. she is then awaken by a nurse's scream. turns out my moms roommate at the hospital committed suicide in the bathroom. This story always freaked me out. and i had actually forgotten all about it throughout my school years. til one day I was reading a book on ghosts. and they had a description of the lady my mom saw and it said that this lady is seen during the time of deaths. so if you ever see her it means someone is about to die. that freaked me the eff out.

Dude...this just freaked me the fuck out...damn.....

• 8 months later...