Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

My gf game me her bro's keyboard (he is out of the country and likely never coming back). It's a Korg x5d. Seems to be worth about $300-$400 in good working order. Unfortunately, it will fire up but I cannot get it to make any sound.

Any easy fixes I should investigate? If not, what should I do with it? Throw it on CL as is for, I don't know, $50? Or are they fairly easy to service? I don't want to put hundreds into the thing, but it seems to be worth enough to get it fixed if I can.

According to the Internet, there's a good chance that the battery that keeps the operating system running is dead. Particularly if it hasn't been used/plugged in for a while, I'd check that out. I don't think the fix is as easy as popping in a new battery though...

http://homerecording.com/bbs/equipment-forums/keyboards-and-sound-modules/korg-x5d-broken-136422/

it seems like the symptom is that it will power on, but you don't get a "welcome" message on the LCD.

There's a re-initialization step mentioned that you should try first.   If that fails, there's probably some detailed instructions somewhere on replacing the battery.  after that you probably have to reload the OS somehow.

It was the first thing posted in there -- set "local" to "on" (whatever that means).

Much appreciated.

She actually gave me 2 keyboards. The other one is a monster (Korg Pro X Trinity). That one was WAY overkill for what I'm trying to do so I can sell it for her now and keep the smaller one. Looks like they are worth about $800 even used.

D56w49e.jpg

The wife got me a matched set of Lollar "Peter Green style" low wind imperial pickups and a 50s style ES335 wiring harness to replace the stock guts in my Washburn HB36. I cannot wait to hear how my baby sings.

She was all bummed thinking my presents were boring this year ("you just got two chunks of metal and some wires"). I could not be more happy though.

D56w49e.jpg

The wife got me a matched set of Lollar "Peter Green style" low wind imperial pickups and a 50s style ES335 wiring harness to replace the stock guts in my Washburn HB36. I cannot wait to hear how my baby sings.

She was all bummed thinking my presents were boring this year ("you just got two chunks of metal and some wires"). I could not be more happy though.

Daaaaaaaaayum. That RULES.....that Washburn is going to sound phenomenal

Im in the market for a 7-string in the 400-600 price range. Does anyone have any personal experience with ESP?

No experience with ESP but if you're open to alternatives Ibanez has always seemed like the go-to brand for 7 and 8 strings to me. I have one of the $300 RG8s and while it's nothing remarkable, with proper mixing it still sounds good. If you have a guitar center or sam ash nearby maybe head over and see how you feel about it? They might have a 7 string ESP you can try too though I feel like anything I see there with more than 6 strings is usually an Ibanez or Schecter.

Since moving into a new house a few months ago, the front half of my room has basically become a makeshift studio area, at least more than it was at our old place.

BPBmgoY.jpg

I don't think I have much new stuff since the last time I listed my gear in this thread ages ago aside from my Alesis Q49 keyboard and an SM58. I did get a Deep Six compressor and Mayflower overdrive from Walrus Audio but both of the damn things died so not really worth mentioning. I'm guessing it's because I used daisy chained power instead of isolated but it's never harmed my TC Electronic or EHX pedals so heck if I know what the deal is. Pretty bummed because both sounded phenomenal and all of their pedals look insanely cool.

Hoping to get a Blackstar HTV 212 paired with an Orange head sometime next year and maybe give Walrus another shot once I get around to getting a power source I can isolate my pedals on.

Just got some new pictures of my older Marauders and some shots of my new Japanese Telecaster. 

Fender Telecaster. Japanese, Fender custom shop pickups, cloth wiring and proper grounding done to the guitar. 

23460589504_2e93f384b1_z.jpgFender Telecaster (Japanese) by Kyle Krische, on Flickr

Gibson Marauder. Modded to fit a Lollar Imperial humbucker in the bridge.

24088835035_16c332b16c_z.jpgGibson Marauder (maroon) by Kyle Krische, on Flickr

Gibson Marauder. Modded to fit a Gibson 57 Classic humbucker in the bridge.

23721023259_9a58bc41b2_z.jpgGibson Marauder (Natural) by Kyle Krische, on Flickr

Amps:

Vox AC30 Limited Edition (red tolex, greenbacks)

Sovtek Mig 50 head

Traynor YBA1 head

Traynor YBA1 head (heavily modded. Channel 1 is a Fender Bassman circuit, Channel 2 is a Marshall JTM circuit) 

Traynor YBA3 head (use primarily for bass)

Cab:

Custom built 212 w/ greenbacks