How do you earn that vinyl ca$h?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third grade teacher. I make my kids listen to music they wouldn't hear. I was blasting the Sword yesterday and we sing songs by the Flaming Lips and Personal and the Pizzas.

raddest. third. grade. teacher. ever.

Thanks man, I try to make it fun. We sing "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" by the Lips and also do "I Don't Wanna Be No Personal Pizza" by Personal. I work in a neighborhood where rap is mostly the mainstay, so having a bunch of kids heehaw dancing to "Jackson" by Johnny and June is pretty cool.

I always make them a cd comp if they finish their winter vacation work packet and one year I put "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden and also "Back In Black" on there. I'm sure their parents were annoyed. I wonder what I should put on there this year?

Full time undergrad Chemical Engineering student, will be the second person in the U.S. to graduate with a minor in nanotechnology. Part time movie theater supervisor. Still gotta wear the shitty uniform but I make slightly more than minimum wage. Free movies though, offsets my other buying habits..

raddest. third. grade. teacher. ever.

Thanks man, I try to make it fun. We sing "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" by the Lips and also do "I Don't Wanna Be No Personal Pizza" by Personal. I work in a neighborhood where rap is mostly the mainstay, so having a bunch of kids heehaw dancing to "Jackson" by Johnny and June is pretty cool.

I always make them a cd comp if they finish their winter vacation work packet and one year I put "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden and also "Back In Black" on there. I'm sure their parents were annoyed. I wonder what I should put on there this year?

since you have them acclimated to Personal, you should take it one step further with some Hunx and some Clams.

lowes and sugar momma

right now shit is kinda tight because my wife lost a day of pay and i took a pay cut to accomodate a schedule that worked for our twins.

i was a manager at lowes and my wife is a PA. when we found out we were having twins, we tried different scenerios and we came up with me stepping down and working second shift and her staying on first instead of paying insane amounts for daycare.

so most of our money is going into savings and paying more on the principal on our mortgage.

i have been talking to my stepdad about going into vocation school to be a mechanic so i can work in his shop and maybe take the reign when he retires. who knows.

EDIT: so basically record buying has taken a back seat. been selling them to fund some christmas shopping.

Real Estate Appraiser/Organic Farmer/Stay at home Dad

I have been a Real Estate Appraiser for 11 years, started my own business in 2006, used to make good money and enjoyed it, market slowed down and the feds over regulated us, now I make 1/3 of what I used to and hate it.

Luckily my wife has a great job so I decided to drop a ton of clients and work part time so I could pursue my passion in the organic farming world! Worked on 2 organic farms last year and was making progress to start my own farm...then we had a baby girl 2 weeks ago, so now I am gonna be a stay at home dad and do appraising on the side for vinyl cash :)

Whatever part time job I can get at the time. Right now I'm working sales at Zumiez but it's only seasonal (unless I kill it and they decide to keep me). Before I was doing telemarketing shit and cashiering at Home Depot. Wouldn't mind Zumiez keeping me though, 50% off our exclusive brands and 25% off everything else = me pretty stoked.

The only constant income I have is I take illustration commissions for stupid shit from people on dumb sites like deviantart and such. It's surprising how much you can make drawing fictional characters although not enough to afford me any more than 1 to 3 records every few months after I get my bills paid. Other than that I have a few music projects with albums for sale on bandcamp I rep on my art accounts that sometimes make me the stray buck for an LP here and there.

TL:DR, starving artist status heh. living the dream.