Acceptance - Phantoms

atticus

Remember when this band kicked out their drummer because he came out of the closet and they were worried it would ruin their major-label record deal?

Yeah, no thanks.

WOW.

this band added my email to their mailing list without ever contacting me...weren't they like a nu-metal emo hardcore kinda thing...kinda like Glassjaw?

def not, thinking of the wrong band. They were a pop rock major label band similar to later jimmy eat world stuff

• 4 months later...
ross, jump on it and get it pressed.

Ive looked into it a few times, I LOVE this album and actually interned at sony when it was released. The minimum order to get it pressed is 1500 and i dont think the demand is anywhere close to that. If I had a retail partner who would take a bulk of them(hot topic or src) then I would consider it but i dont see it happening honestly

Remember when this band kicked out their drummer because he came out of the closet and they were worried it would ruin their major-label record deal?

Yeah, no thanks.

Ha, I totally threw that in as a question in some chat thread (probably on AP.net) they were having with the lead singer and he got all pissy about it and denied it went down that way.

The dude they kicked out (Garrett, I think) came into my video store one time and asked if we were hiring. Nice guy. He mentioned he was in a band (The Divorce at the time), so I warned him that the owner wasn't big on hiring musicians.

Kinda pissed I enjoyed this album when it first came out. Oh well. I wouldn't buy it on vinyl.

ross, jump on it and get it pressed.

Ive looked into it a few times, I LOVE this album and actually interned at sony when it was released. The minimum order to get it pressed is 1500 and i dont think the demand is anywhere close to that. If I had a retail partner who would take a bulk of them(hot topic or src) then I would consider it but i dont see it happening honestly

sad

The minimum order to get it pressed is 1500 and i dont think the demand is anywhere close to that.

Ross, where is the problem?

Three different colours + one of my all-time favourite records = me purchasing three copies of this.

I think many others would do so as well. ;)

THIS I would totally be in for 3 as well. I'm a collector of sorts, and would love different variants.