Acceptance - Phantoms

atticus

HIPV was pressed by company ink..a label that is run by a good dude. even though if wanted to buy releases from american dream, i havent because that dude is a fucking dickhead.

i guess we will see what happens with this. hoping its painless and they dont release anything else i ever want again.

I gave money to Adam Fox, I don't have a moral reason not to get this if I can do that.

HIPV was pressed by company ink..a label that is run by a good dude. even though if wanted to buy releases from american dream, i havent because that dude is a fucking dickhead. 

i guess we will see what happens with this. hoping its painless and they dont release anything else i ever want again. 

I wasn't trying to say anything negative about company ink.  I probably shouldn't have even used that as an example, because I think it's an absolutely fantastic label run by a really awesome dude.  I was just saying that I would have spent 40 dollars on each of the two colors and another 20 on the damn flexi, and not even cared about overpaying or anything like that simply because I love that album so damn much.  That's how I feel about this record, and it's just shocking to me that everyone is so concerned about who is or isn't in on getting it released because, in my eyes, I'm just really glad that it actually is getting released and it's easily a record I've personally have wanted to see pressed since I started collecting (which, admittedly, wasn't all that long ago).  To me, as long as I know that in the end I'll be able to own and play Acceptance - Phantoms on my record player, I'm just thankful that anyone is willing to put the record out.

That's all I'm really trying to say... I'm surprised people are so turned off by who they believe is pressing it because I know this is a record that a good amount of people have been waiting to hear on vinyl for quite some time, and I just figured they'd be thankful ANYONE is finally putting this out.

For those interested.....We have the "black lines to battlefields" Ep by ACCEPTANCE coming out in a later this summer in conjunction Thunderbeard Records, Hot topic, the band & Enjoy The Ride . I have personally been in touch with the singer and guitarist for the past 8 months about the release and they have approved all aspects thus far.  The EP was remastered specifically for vinyl and will come with a download code of the original mix as well. Pressed at 45pm for optimal sound quality 

Thank you! I enjoyed the EP more than Phantoms.

I wasn't trying to say anything negative about company ink.  I probably shouldn't have even used that as an example, because I think it's an absolutely fantastic label run by a really awesome dude.  I was just saying that I would have spent 40 dollars on each of the two colors and another 20 on the damn flexi, and not even cared about overpaying or anything like that simply because I love that album so damn much.  That's how I feel about this record, and it's just shocking to me that everyone is so concerned about who is or isn't in on getting it released because, in my eyes, I'm just really glad that it actually is getting released and it's easily a record I've personally have wanted to see pressed since I started collecting (which, admittedly, wasn't all that long ago).  To me, as long as I know that in the end I'll be able to own and play Acceptance - Phantoms on my record player, I'm just thankful that anyone is willing to put the record out.

That's all I'm really trying to say... I'm surprised people are so turned off by who they believe is pressing it because I know this is a record that a good amount of people have been waiting to hear on vinyl for quite some time, and I just figured they'd be thankful ANYONE is finally putting this out.

id have to disagree. i love this album to death, and have been waiting for so long for it, but if...lets say RJ from MTS or joe from american dream was putting this out..i would not support it. i dont care, im not giving those shitbags my money.

if RJ was putting this out, knowing his past, you'd still willingly buy this?

also, you say that like nobody is williing to release it. im sure many people have tried in the last decade to get this out, but failed. i mean, i dunno the exact situation, but im sure it was cause someone down the line was greedy or something and wanted to release it themselves. who knows.

you should care about overpaying for a retail record.

see...i did respect you..not so much anymore....  ;)

It fucking killed me to do that. Couldn't pass up an album that was probably in my top 5 of 2010, hahaha. That's part of why I bitched at him so much.

I did decide not to do the kickstarter, which saved me money, though I wish I had waited even longer and got that kickstarter exclusive record for even cheaper when he made them not exclusive and put them on for sale. whatever.

I knew someone would mention RJ hahaha.  I almost mentioned him as an exception of who I wouldn't purchase this press from.  ADR I'm not a huge fan of at this point, but I don't dislike them/him enough to pass up on one of my all time favorite records just because he pressed it.

@ caring about overpaying for a retail record -- I definitely think I'd complain about it, but in most cases I'd probably still buy it if I loved the record enough.  It's definitely becoming ridiculous to see records being sold at a retail price of $30+, especially considering a year or two ago a 2xLP was basically half that price.

Also, sorry for calling you a label, Joe.  Still absolutely love how HIPV turned out, that is one record I'm most likely never letting go of.

Now, I'll just stop replying here until more details are given because I feel like I've kind of hijacked this thread a bit and I feel bad about it.  I just didn't understand why everyone has such a problem with the people pressing this record, because I'm just happy that it's getting pressed at all, and I think that those involved in the process have to be pretty passionate about the band and the music, and that's awesome to me.

Yeah I've passed on everything American Dream has ever put out. I just can't support the mindset he brings at all.

I'm willing to see what this label is all about. Like you though I'm just hoping they do the album and the fans of the album justice with the pressing.

Yeah I've passed on everything American Dream has ever put out. I just can't support the mindset he brings at all.

I'm willing to see what this label is all about. Like you though I'm just hoping they do the album and the fans of the album justice with the pressing.

What's the dirt on the guy from American Dream? Excuse me in advance for not being familiar.

Everyone seems butt hurt that someone in this community (VC) isn't putting this release out. I'm excited for this, if there's enough to go around, no pre-order for it and they kept it true to a proper release, it should be just fine. I'm sure there's butt hurtedness from AP heads when VC users put out a release.

Everyone seems butt hurt that someone in this community (VC) isn't putting this release out. I'm excited for this, if there's enough to go around, no pre-order for it and they kept it true to a proper release, it should be just fine. I'm sure there's butt hurtedness from AP heads when VC users put out a release.

lol what

lol what

1. The folks here (on this board) seem to be angry that someone involved with AP.net is releasing this.

2. I'm happy its getting released, provided it's not by that dick head at American Dream or someone like him.

3. I'm thinking that the folks in AP.net might get angry when someone from this board gets a record pressed that's a regular poster on here.

4. There seems to be a lot of animosity between users of either board.

If you have any other questions, comments, or clarifications please feel free to pm me. :) thanks bro.

1. The folks here (on this board) seem to be angry that someone involved with AP.net is releasing this.

2. I'm happy its getting released, provided it's not by that dick head at American Dream or someone like him.

3. I'm thinking that the folks in AP.net might get angry when someone from this board gets a record pressed that's a regular poster on here.

4. There seems to be a lot of animosity between users of either board.

If you have any other questions, comments, or clarifications please feel free to pm me. :) thanks bro.

Except none of that is really the case but feel free to keep assuming!!!