Acceptance - Phantoms

atticus

• 5 months later...

Samesies especially if ETR did it. Their releases are always so legit.

Would love to press this album, one of my favorite and underrated albums of the last decade but as ive said somewhere in this thread in the past, since it was released via sony. It would need to licensed with a minium of 1000-1500 copies(probably 1500) and I do not think there is enough demand out there for this.

As much as i would love to put this out, it would be a major hit if it was a failure and cannot take the risk right now unless hot topic was on board for a joint release and the band was cool with it and was able to heavily promote the release. I do not have any contact info or leads on how to track down the bands members to see their thoughts on it so if anyone can help with that then I can look further into it but realistically this one happening is a long shot

Would love to press this album, one of my favorite and underrated albums of the last decade but as ive said somewhere in this thread in the past, since it was released via sony. It would need to licensed with a minium of 1000-1500 copies(probably 1500) and I do not think there is enough demand out there for this.

As much as i would love to put this out, it would be a major hit if it was a failure and cannot take the risk right now unless hot topic was on board for a joint release and the band was cool with it and was able to heavily promote the release. I do not have any contact info or leads on how to track down the bands members to see their thoughts on it so if anyone can help with that then I can look further into it but realistically this one happening is a long shot

I really think moving that many would not be a problem- especially if you did a random inserted variant /100 or /50 or something.

Look at the Dustin kensrue EP u released... The random color motivates people to get multiple copies for more chances(I know I dd and gave to my brother as bday gift when it wasn't the half half haha)

Just my opinion though, it's your call :)

I really think moving that many would not be a problem- especially if you did a random inserted variant /100 or /50 or something.

Look at the Dustin kensrue EP u released... The random color motivates people to get multiple copies for more chances(I know I dd and gave to my brother as bday gift when it wasn't the half half haha)

Just my opinion though, it's your call :)

things arent that simple, the majors generally dont allow for smaller runs or colors like hidden variants and what not.

The hype for this seems a little inflated by a few people in this thread. I really couldnt see this selling 1500 copies. I think even 1000 is a bit of a stretch. This band wasnt that popular when they were at their peak, let alone in 2012. Im guessing to license this from Sony it would cost quite a bit and the price for a single LP would keep the casual fan from buying this.

you dont understand how big of a following this band has/had on ap.net alone.

I totally know how big of a following this band has/had on ap.net but i personally do not think most of those kids buy vinyl and the price for a single lp for this would be around $20 or maybe a bit more and i think that would deter the casual fan.

1500 copies of an album is way more than i think you realize especially if the band isnt fully behind it to help promote

Just an idea:

How difficult is it to get ahold of the militia group?

You could go after the Black Lines/battlefields EP? You wouldn't have to deal with a major label, thus cheaper licensing hopefully? Plus, better chance of doing a small run, with a random inserted variant? Plus, a cheaper list price since its an EP (similar to kensrue price point)

You could do a small run of these and see what the response is?

Again, just an idea. Don't flame me :)

Just an idea:

You could go after the Black Lines/battlefields EP? You wouldn't have to deal with a major label, thus cheaper licensing hopefully? Plus, better chance of doing a small run, with a random inserted variant? Plus, a cheaper list price since its an EP (similar to kensrue price point)

No flaming but I wouldn't buy this. Maybe 500 other people would though, but I doubt it...however, 500 people might buy it just to push for the possibility of Phantoms, so it could be worth it.

Just an idea:

Ive tried and its alot harder than anticipated.

Believe me guys, i fucking love this band and anything I can press from them I would but ive ran into tons of dead ends with militia group(which i believe is owned by razor and tie now) and they have no interest in licensing out any of their catalog. If anyone can get it done or get the wheels moving then I would love to be involved but these things are very difficult to put together more often than not

Is the dude at that overdue collections label on these boards? He's working with Gatsbys American Dream getting their back catalog pressed and I know GAD was tight with Acceptance back in the day.. Wonder if they could be contacted through Nic?

ive tried to contact that guys partner(who supposedly owns the masters) a few times already over the past 3 years and he never responded, not even once

I just emailed him again for the 4th time for the hell of it and email got bounced back immediately so it appears his email address is no longer active so unless anyone else has any leads on that guy then this doesnt look like its gonna happen (his name is darick). I spoke to marshall from overdue collection about it years ago

Edit: I found him on facebook and sent him a message so keep your fingers crossed