Alright here is the Deal. If you know me, READ!

recordhound1002

What you all need to do is call his local police station and file for mail fraud. If enough people do it, they'll stop by his house and he'll be taken in.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud

Rock Hill Police Department -

120 East Black Street

Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730

(803) 329-7200

What you all need to do is call his local police station and file for mail fraud. If enough people do it, they'll stop by his house and he'll be taken in.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud

Rock Hill Police Department -

120 East Black Street

Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730

(803) 329-7200

As much as it seems drastic, this dude stole a lot of money. It might be worth it.

I don't get how this dude is doing this. I was one of his largest apologists for an extended period of time but now I loathe him just because of the damper he's putting on transactions around here. Me personally, it's taken me nearly a week to mail out a record because I've been so busy, and I felt like crap about it so I threw in a 7" that I figured the guy I traded with would like since he's got other stuff by that group. I don't know, it's just good etiquette in a community like this to be good to each other. Modern Future Records is playing make believe, plain and simple.

I've said it before but filing a mail fraud complaint through the USPS has been effective for me in the past. I was just one person and they got on the person's case. I can only imagine if a group of people did it at once to someone.

I'm in to that! How do you file?

wonder how it would affect this recordhound guy's label if mail fraud charges get brought against him. he would essentially be running a mail order business with any label he starts. maybe they could or would yank his business license, if he even went about founding a label the legit and legal way.

I've said it before but filing a mail fraud complaint through the USPS has been effective for me in the past. I was just one person and they got on the person's case. I can only imagine if a group of people did it at once to someone.

I'm in to that! How do you file?

There's a way of doing it online, I'm sure it's easily found by searching for it. At the time, I used paper forms from the post office.

Guest tms2787

I don't know if anyone has taken this route but I am into sneakers and people have been scammed for thousands and thousands of dollars on them, they usually can call the local police department and report him, filing a case from the phone as well as filing one with your local police department, reporting him to PayPal. I am not exactly sure how this works because I have not been scammed myself, when I was I go t my money back easily by putting the guy on blast. Just an idea. Good luck to all, it's sad to see that this happens in all circles of collecting. :(

I don't know if anyone has taken this route but I am into sneakers and people have been scammed for thousands and thousands of dollars on them, they usually can call the local police department and report him, filing a case from the phone as well as filing one with your local police department, reporting him to PayPal. I am not exactly sure how this works because I have not been scammed myself, when I was I go t my money back easily by putting the guy on blast. Just an idea. Good luck to all, it's sad to see that this happens in all circles of collecting. :(

Same thing happens with sport tickets. Police are usually pretty good about investigating online crime.

Guest tms2787
Same thing happens with sport tickets. Police are usually pretty good about investigating online crime.

I worked through two football seasons for StubHub! the amount of fraud and fake tickets is ridiculous. Through that company/site you are personally protected and we'd take care of everything if you couldn't get into the event. I'm not nearly as big into the record collecting as I am shoe collecting, it just is dishearting to see that no matter it is: people don't give a shit and just want to get over on others who are into the same things they are. It sucks.

Good luck to all, it's sad to see that this happens in all circles of collecting. :(

One of the first message boards I got on, just a few years ago, was a poster forum. It was there I heard about a huge scam where some guy was selling fake posters and shit.

Big mess and stink of stuff. jhulud would know the story I am talking about. Cannot think of his name or the story off the top of my head, but it was a huge deal around the forums. I came in after in happened but I remember reading about it and could not believe the length these people took to make steal a buck. A lot of people are worthless.

edit: Yeah the problem with hobbies is that it makes it easy for them to win you over. It plays on your emotions and things you truly enjoy and sometimes it can cloud one's judgement. I had someone after months and months message me about some of the rare LD records I have been looking for. Upon asking questions and investigating, I 1) never hear back from the person after asking about condition, how long they have owned them, etc and 2) found out people had accused this person of having multiple accounts. I STILL would maybe have taken the risk if communication had been there, pictures sent with a date/clock, and paypal covered, and registered mail. All because while it would be risky I would do everything I could to protect myself, but all the while still probably not the best decision. The potential scam played on my desire to want the items in question.