THRICE-TAITA2xLP repress RED vinyl pics

just curious, Did anyone elses skip really bad? its crazy, 6 out of 12 songs skip on mine, its the only vinyl i own that is this bad. most of my hot topic vinyl have one or two small skips. im seriously thinking about trashing it. biggest waste of money.

you have a lot of brand new vinyl that have skip(s) out of the package? sounds like your turntable bro.

have you tested it on a different one? the vast majority everyone else's play fine.

my hot topic thursday vinyl skips on "concealer" just on time. my adtr vinyl skips on "2nd sucks" just once. a couple others, but all minor. 95% of my records dont skip at all and play great start to finish. but this record is like a disaster. i dont have another turn table, but it just seems odd that its only this vinyl that is like this. record player isnt even that old. i dont know anyone with another turn table. idk.

my hot topic thursday vinyl skips on "concealer" just on time. my adtr vinyl skips on "2nd sucks" just once. a couple others, but all minor. 95% of my records dont skip at all and play great start to finish. but this record is like a disaster. i dont have another turn table, but it just seems odd that its only this vinyl that is like this. record player isnt even that old. i dont know anyone with another turn table. idk.

not saying your turntable is necessarily bad/old, i just think it's probably the source of your problem. It sounds like either cartridge misalignment or your counterweight is set wrong for your cartridge. What's your set up, and what is your counterweight set to?

I personally don't even feel qualified to go into some of the technical details of turntable calibration, but I'm sure there are people on here that will help you out.

ALSO ALSO ALSO on a more OP-related note: I have one more copy of this record to sell at cost, limited edition 8-bit cover artwork. Will ship internationally, pm if interested

good point, but i bought it second hand, will they even care if i dont have a receipt?

just say you lost it. the item clearly came from their store (company) within the last week.

not saying your turntable is necessarily bad/old, i just think it's probably the source of your problem. It sounds like either cartridge misalignment or your counterweight is set wrong for your cartridge. What's your set up, and what is your counterweight set to?

I personally don't even feel qualified to go into some of the technical details of turntable calibration, but I'm sure there are people on here that will help you out.

ALSO ALSO ALSO on a more OP-related note: I have one more copy of this record to sell at cost, limited edition 8-bit cover artwork. Will ship internationally, pm if interested

I did a new/better cartridge/needle... most skips went away. Also got the MFSL record cleaner with brush combo... it works wonders... even on new records. To say the manufacturing process for a record has its shortcomings is an understatement.

I removed all skips on my new copies of Daisy, they both skipped on "Gasoline" and "You Stole".

Also fixed a very old copy of Cake's Fashion Nugget and Thursday's War All the Time.

ive got one of these crosley bad boys lol. its got cd, cassette and turntable all in one. ill have to see if i can find a place to check it out. we have 0 record stores or music shops in the area.

you are going to get a ton of shit for this statement btw...

Why, because he actually listens to his records?

I'm gonna catch shit for this as well, but i have a also crosley (it was a gift and i havn't had a chance to save up enough to get the turntable i really want yet (pro-ject), so back off) and i've never had any issues with my records skipping.

Even with presses that have a known amount of problems (i am the avalance - avalanche united). I realize the sound quality isn't the greatest but i havn't had any of the issues some people give Crosleys shit for.

Music (listening device) snobs.

"OMG! You don't have a $500 turntable?! LOSER!"

Hahaha yeah right, my very first player was a low end belt-drive Stanton that I bought for less than 100 at guitar center. I never had a brand new record skip though, because I did research and realized that a cartridge and tonearm need proper calibration.

The reason I gave him some flack was not because I consider myself a snob (quite the opposite (I know very little about turntable adjustment), but because he ignorantly blamed the problem on the pressings saying they were a waste of money, and didn't even think to check his crosley player out. It's called google homie