Albums that should be pressed.. but never will be

daegor

If you've been collecting long enough, you know that there are albums out there that you want pressed, but for whatever reason they likely never will be.

This is NOT another thread to say you wish that As Cities Burn would get pressed... if it's a matter of lack of interest/perceived sales/etc, it doesn't belong here. There is nothing stopping you from sinking a bunch of money into making it get pressed yourself (and coming up red, but whatever).

No, this is for those albums where the band won't let it be pressed, the label won't release the rights, or the bank that bought out the defunct label won't licence the album, etc, etc

EDIT: Please state the hurdle along with the album if you know what it is!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything Klay Scott related on R.E.X. Records:

• [*:do9t046k]Circle of Dust - S/T
    [*:do9t046k]Brainchild - Mindwarp
    [*:do9t046k]Circle of Dust - Brainchild
    [*:do9t046k]Argyle Park - Misguided
    [*:do9t046k]Brainchild / Living Sacrifice / Circle of Dust - Metamorphosis (Split/Remix album)
    [*:do9t046k]Circle of Dust - S/T Re-release (significantly different)

A major legal battle during R.E.X. Records decline bound Klay legally to only release on R.E.X., however being that R.E.X. had no money, he was effectively not allowed to release anything. It took 3-4 years to get released from this (when he immediately released 'Disengage').

Klayton does not have the rights to ANY of these releases (including 'Disengage'), and has tried to pursue them in the past with no success.

These will likely never see the light of day, sadly :-[

I'll just hold on with pride to my signed copy of the Circle of Dust / Brainchild split 7", the only piece of wax (publicly) produced out of this group of releases.

Butch Walker - Letters

Butch Walker - Left of Self Centered

Both of the original recordings and master tapes were burned up in his tragic house fire and since he is a producer, he refuses to put anything onto vinyl that isn't a master recording, thus those albums will never receive the vinyl treatment.

sad face.

Eso-Charis-s/t

Underoath-The Changing of Times

Eso-charis no longer exists and not many people know about them. And Underoath barely acknowledges the record i mentioned, so i doubt anyone in the band would care to see it pressed.

Eso-Charis-s/t

Underoath-The Changing of Times

Eso-charis no longer exists and not many people know about them. And Underoath barely acknowledges the record i mentioned, so i doubt anyone in the band would care to see it pressed.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Underoath has put that album to rest, so yeah, no go there.

Edit, apparently I'm wrong!

Eso-Charis though, is simply a matter of lack of interest, you got the money, someone will take it.

The Return of the Rentals and Seven More Minutes by the Rentals

Alos that Tony Hawk would be sweet. I remember playing that game waaay too much back in the day.

My votes would be:

Superdrag - Regretfully Yours

Superdrag - Head Trip in Every Key

Big Wreck - In Loving Memory Of

Big Wreck - The Pleasure and the Greed

Reel Big Fish - Turn the Radio Off

Spacehog - Resident Alien

There are so many more too that I would just sink my money into

Spacehog - Resident Alien

I would love this, but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt be pressed. They are back together, the original sold over 500k.

I say KISS-Carnival of Souls. The cd was only put out to get a cut of the money that bootlegs were getting. The last album made without makeup on and it came out during the reunion tour. No songs have ever been played live, and they rarely ackowledge it.