Albums that should be pressed.. but never will be

daegor

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aquabats - all the albums fearless has licensing rights for.. because they believe the rights are going to be worth a ton more in the future if the 'bats tv show takes off, and if they did a limited license to us now.. it would horribly devalue them.

I'd totally buy Fury. I've been searching for those 7" pic discs for a while. Too much $ for me.

Oh!

Black Lungs - Send Flowers. A board member actually tried to make this happen, it got shot down.

Yeah, Wade wasn't keen, and with the reasons he gave me, i appreciate his stance on it.

I won't share the reasons as it is not my place to do so.

Might get a lathe cut copy for myself one day though!

The most baffling lack of reading comprehension is on display in this thread.

This is NOT another thread to say you wish that As Cities Burn would get pressed... if it's a matter of lack of interest/perceived sales/etc, it doesn't belong here. There is nothing stopping you from sinking a bunch of money into making it get pressed yourself (and coming up red, but whatever).

Why won't this ever get pressed?

I don't think it's anywhere near popular enough for someone to consider doing (and making a profit on).

DERP

I can't believe At The Drive In - Acrobatic Tenement hasn't been mentioned yet. That and El Gran Orgo.

Pretty sure they'd both qualify since its pretty fucking clear the Mars Volta guys don't want it happening. Same reason the rumored ATDI reunion sounds like bullshit to me.

Also would love Black Lungs - Send Flowers myself. Sucks Wade doesn't want to.

EDIT: Fuck me. I read 10 minutes after this post that the ATDI reunion IS actually happening.

[image]

Why won't this ever get pressed?

if i remember correctly that was a major label release, and from my dealings so far with licensing... its extremely hard to justify doing smaller albums after you have to pay out the label fee, plus all the royalties (you aren't given an option to negotiate with the band at all) and it ends up being a ridiculous per unit price that would offset anyone but an insane fan doing it

The most baffling lack of reading comprehension is on display in this thread.
This is NOT another thread to say you wish that As Cities Burn would get pressed... if it's a matter of lack of interest/perceived sales/etc, it doesn't belong here. There is nothing stopping you from sinking a bunch of money into making it get pressed yourself (and coming up red, but whatever).
I don't think it's anywhere near popular enough for someone to consider doing (and making a profit on).

DERP

+1

i've posted some of these in the other thread, but they're probably near impossible to ever make it to vinyl. these are the ones i'd do myself if i had the money. albums i wouldn't care if anyone owned except myself.

Old Hickory "Other Eras...Such As Witchcraft" (A&M Records, 1997)

i found this in a cheap promo album box way back for $1-2 and i still listen to it all the time. i'd probably be the only person interested in having it on vinyl, let alone anyone else ever getting it done.

Ruth Ruth "Laughing Gallery" (Ventrue/American, 1995)

apparently there is a 10" of "The Little Death" that came out after this on Deep Elm/Epitaph, but i still don't own it for whatever reason. this album is one of my favorites ever. somehow they took a wrong turn style wise after a major label stint, but this one still holds up. i don't see it ever happening, they didn't move many "units" i'm sure. with all the other 90s bands with shittier albums, i can't believe this one never made it to vinyl.

Jack Off Jill "Sexless Demons And Scars" (Risk Records, 1997)

somehow Sympathy For The Record Industry licensed the album after this "Clear Hearts Grey Flowers" from Risk Records, and i don't know how. Risk was a shady, broke ass label and i think it's half the reason the band broke up in ~2001. i'd love to do this myself, i should probably talk to Sympathy and see if she knows someone. haha.

Skindive "Skindive" (Palm Pictures, 2001)

random ass band i read a review for, for their cd used in Zia Records in AZ and loved the hell out of. they didn't last long, it's their only album and i can't see it ever happening. they're from Dublin, Ireland.

Carina Round "The Disconnection" (Interscope, 2004)

Carina Round "Slow Motion Addict" (Interscope, 2006)

she actually did Pledge Music to get her first EP from 2001 released on vinyl last year. i've asked her a couple times if she was going to bother trying to license these 2 albums now that the PM campaign was funded in 24 hours time, and she doesn't seem like she wants to try. i'd kill for these, i've thought about trying to do them both myself over the years but i can't imagine working out any deal with Interscope being affordable. it seems like a dead end that she will try to get them done.

would buy if they happened (but won't):

Your Enemies Friends "You Are Being Videotaped" (Buddyhead, 2004)

Land Of Talk "Applause Cheer Boo Hiss" (One Little Indian, 2007) don't see this happening, i doubt Saddle Creek would pursue it or One Little Indian would ever press it. SC doesn't seem to do well with LOT vinyl either and they've done a good number of releases for them. this is the best tracklisting, just for all the bonus songs. more bang for the buck.

Mindless Self Indulgence "Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy" (Elektra, 2001) surprised this doesn't exist with all the cashing in the band has done.

Ladyfinger (NE) "Heavy Hands" (Saddle Creek, 2006)

Ladyfinger (NE) "Dusk" (Saddle Creek, 2009)

i've harassed SC about these a couple times. the cd's didn't sell, these wouldn't sell. dead in the water.

backed:

Ved(er)a "The Weight Of An Empty Room" (come on, Second Nature. although, Epic/Sony probably owns the release now)

The Juliana Theory "Love"

At The Drive-In "Acrobatic Tenement" duh

CafFiends "Fission, Fusion And Things Made Of Concrete" (forgot all about this band, thanks for the reminder. still on my hdd from 2004, time flies)

since someone said a repress of United By Fate. let's say Rival Schools United By Onelinedrawing (Some Records, 2001) instead. or better yet, the "unreleased" album before Rival Schools broke up.

[image]

Forgot to post this as well. I know maybe 5 people who like them. Want this to get press with the Japanese bonus track soooo bad but doubt it will happen.

Gin Blossoms - New Miserable Experience

I don't see why that wouldn't happen. Popular band and it was put out as a deluxe CD back in 2002(?) I believe. I could totally see that happening this year since it came out in 92 or 93 I believe. ANNIVERSARY PRESSING $$$$$!!!!!$$$$$