Blowout vinyl at GoHastings

Went to my local Hastings yesterday and walked out with Fuel "Sunburn" on vinyl for $5.99. I saw that record for sale on the Hastings website as used but it was always sold out and I remember someone saying often those will show up on the site and never be available because it's only found in-store somewhere. Is it just really random that my store had it or are there other stores out there with a used copy of it? Not the most amazing record but really difficult to find, nonetheless.

Also found Sleigh Bells "Treats" for $4.99. Stoked about that find.

Man, I wish I could get Treats that cheap!

I went back and found used copies of Shooter Jennings "The Wolf" and Hank III "Straight To Hell" as well as a copy of the soundtrack to Jackie Brown. The sleeves on Shooter and Hank are pretty creased on a few corners, and the records themselves have a few light scratches/scuffs here and there but overall, pretty good condition.

interesting shipping method......

[image]

the "sandwich" method without actually creating any pressure -- records sliding all around -- good times. for $5 each, not gonna complain but probably not going to be buying anything over that from this place.

haven't opened them yet so can't say for sure if there's damage -- corners aren't too bad.

Got two of the three records yesterday, the sleeves were kinda jacked on both of them but I really can't complain for how cheap they were. Both came in thin mailers (probably 12.5"x12.5"x.5"), which is okay because I doubt I'd get any cardboard padding if they used a standard size mailer.

I've never seen a retail chain flip a record before, but....

http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Your-Favorite-Weapon/sku/285640858.uts

That has to be a mistake, this is $15.00 (maybe cheaper) at the Hastings I work at. There is some ridiculous prices on that site though sometimes.

This has to be the funniest packaging choice from GoHastings yet:

[image]

[image]

The record was in great shape, just hillarious that a retail store would actually send shit out like this.

The best part is that on the top of the box it reads:

Meets all shipping standards and specifications.. I'm pretty sure a large gaping hole in the side is not up to par with shipping standards. =]