Blowout vinyl at GoHastings

I have purchased somewhere between 20-30 records from Gohastings and have yet to receive a CD. I can say that about 50% of the records come packed like shit (bubble mailers or taped between two pieces of cardboard). The shitty shipping is usually worth low prices you can get from sales like this (at least to me). I will take a record at 20% off for having some damage to the jacket, it still sounds fine.

I have purchased somewhere between 20-30 records from Gohastings and have yet to receive a CD. I can say that about 50% of the records come packed like shit (bubble mailers or taped between two pieces of cardboard). The shitty shipping is usually worth low prices you can get from sales like this (at least to me). I will take a record at 20% off for having some damage to the jacket, it still sounds fine.

Agreed. I've never gotten a damaged record from them. I have gotten 1 cd though. They sent me a shipping return label and returned my money. They also offered to let me buy the record again with the discount that I used but had since expired.

I've ordered probably 15 records from them total.  Only one screw up, received the wrong LP.  Incidentally the screw up was also the worst packed, the rest have come in either regular record mailers, or in larger boxes, well packed.  I contacted them about the mistake, they sent me a postage paid label and I sent it back, received a refund in a week. 

As others have said, between the prices often being several dollars less than anyone else along with the $1 shipping, I am always willing to order from hastings, even if the record arrives a little beat up.  I actually listen to my records, so if I can save $5+ per record at the cost of a small split or crease in the jacket, it's worth it to me.

Ordered 4 records.  They sent 3 records and a cd.....and the cd they sent was totally wrong.  Sadly the 4th record that ended up being sent as a cd was the one I wanted most.  Figures. 

Follow up to this.  I called and the customer service rep was super nice.  They're giving me a credit for the wrong item plus a shipping credit.  Still bummed I didn't get the album I really wanted.

That being said, the 2 orders I have place with GoHastings have gone smoothly and were received in record mailers.  This place has great prices.

I've really got to hand it to Gohastings: they've stepped up their game immensely since my last order.

UYMu.png

Four records in flawless condition.  No dings, split seams, or scuffs.  All were sealed, and - more importantly - none were CDs.  Couldn't be more impressed.

UYNZ.png

I really hope it wasn't just a lucky fluke, but rather an indicator of things to come.  Anyone else content with their recent shipping methods?

I've really got to hand it to Gohastings: they've stepped up their game immensely since my last order.

UYMu.png

Four records in flawless condition.  No dings, split seams, or scuffs.  All were sealed, and - more importantly - none were CDs.  Couldn't be more impressed.

UYNZ.png

I really hope it wasn't just a lucky fluke, but rather an indicator of things to come.  Anyone else content with their recent shipping methods?

Same here. Received a box like this the other day. Everything was in fantastic shape!

Got two records in today from gohastings and they came in a padded bubble wrap mailer, which probably would have been fine, but there was a big shoe print on the corner.  Sure enough the sleeves on both records were bent to sh*t on that corner.  Guess I can't complain too much for the price I paid.

Got two records in today from gohastings and they came in a padded bubble wrap mailer, which probably would have been fine, but there was a big shoe print on the corner.  Sure enough the sleeves on both records were bent to sh*t on that corner.  Guess I can't complain too much for the price I paid.

Call customer service and let them know, I work for the company and there has been a ton of e-mails telling stores to use the vinyl mailers and to not use bubble mailers. You think it would be common sense by now but it is not.

• 4 weeks later...