Best Instrumental "Post-Rock" Bands

An Aesthetic Anaesthetic

http://anaestheticanaesthetic.bandcamp.com/

they're from chicago, and are going into the studio in April to record their next full length with Sanford Parker (who produced Pelican's debut, and tons of other great things since). super fun to watch live. oh, and i'm releasing the previously mentioned full length on my label in July.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna bump this thread to see if anyone contained within would be interested in scooping up copies of Brontide's "San Souci" 2xLP without that pesky international shipping?

I have contacted Holy Roar about a wholesale order to carry a few of their titles in my distro, and that is among the titles as well as the new Brontide 12" due out later this month.

I only ask because I want to order a good chunk, but also don't want to go overboard thanks to our amazing currency exchange rate. If you think you might be into it, let me know and I'll make sure to order enough to cover anyone who shows interest. Thanks guys/gals.

• 1 month later...

while this thread is revived... I ordered the Deadhorse/Half Hearted Hero split 3 months ago, and on the tracking it showed that it was stuck in Iowa or for 2 months, so i cut my losses and re-ordered. of course, a few days after the 2nd order came, the original order showed up... I ordered the same color (yellow), and don't really need 2 copies... if anyone wants it, pm me and ill send you it for just shipping costs (like $3)

I'd really like to find God Is An Astronaut vinyl for a reasonable price.

I will answer myself... Go here http://eclipsicalrecords.storenvy.com/

Do not sleep on the God Is An Astronaut stuff. It's not easy to come by in the US.

Also want to spread the news that Mylene Sheath is going to be repressing If These Trees Could Talk. Right now I can only listen to it on cd :-/

I'd really like to find God Is An Astronaut vinyl for a reasonable price.

I will answer myself... Go here http://eclipsicalrecords.storenvy.com/

Do not sleep on the God Is An Astronaut stuff. It's not easy to come by in the US.

Also want to spread the news that Mylene Sheath is going to be repressing If These Trees Could Talk. Right now I can only listen to it on cd :-/

They're repressing S/T also.

I can't wait for this damn new album to come out. At least I get to see them perform the entire new album next Friday :)

Adai

Aeronautix

Braveyoung

The Bulletproof Tiger

Caspian

Chiaroscuro

Crippled Black Phoenix

Deadhorse

Drewsif Stalin's Musical Endeavors

Ef

Eluvium

Enemies

Explosions In The Sky

Fly Pan Am

Fura

Giants

God Is An Astronaut

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Grails

Lymbyc Systym

Maserati

Mogwai

Mudy On The ð”Ó

Neil On Impression

Pelican

Post Harbor

Red Sparowes

A Silver Mt. Zion

Stubborn Tiny Lights Vs. Clustering Darkness Forever OK?

This Will Destroy You

Time.Space.Repeat.

tornaHdo

Tortoise

World's End Girlfriend

1. Cloudkicker

2. Judgement Day

3. Russian Circles

4. If These Trees Could Talk

And lately I've been getting into Grails.

Thanks for the Judgement Day video. Do you know what album those songs from?

Most of it is from "peacocks and pink monsters" which i think u can only get from their website www.stringmetal.com. They have self released everything theyve done so far.

Heres their store http://judgementday.bigcartel.com/

Thanks for the Judgement Day video. Do you know what album those songs from?

Most of it is from "peacocks and pink monsters" which i think u can only get from their website www.stringmetal.com. They have self released everything theyve done so far.

Heres their store http://judgementday.bigcartel.com/

Judgement Day is freakin' crazy...saw them opening for Dredg a few years ago! Blew my mind!

Glad to see someone mention Mouse on the Keys. Really liked their last album. I haven't listened to much post-rock lately, but I really liked Laura - Radio Swan is Down back in my college days. I'll have to check out some of what's mentioned.

I hate the pretentious argument about instrumental music. It's pretentious if someone is saying, "this music is more pure than other music, it's pure emotion, not bogged down by catchy lyrics, etc." But if its just music someone enjoys listening to, how is that pretentious?