new Pokey LaFarge album announced to be released on June 1st...

Third Man Records is happy to announce a new partnership with one of our favorite musicians out there working today, Pokey LaFarge. Pokey and his band bring a focus and energy to the American Roots genre with infectious original material that sits at the crossroads of early jazz, country blues and western swing. With his effortless charisma and distinctive charm, Pokey has crafted a genre all his own--and one that extends well beyond the music alone. Summertime is the right time for Pokey's sun-blessed riverboat style, and this June will mark our release of his next full length LP / CD titled simply Pokey LaFarge (produced by Old Crow Medicine Show frontman Ketch Secor). Look out for a single from the album, "Central Time", which will be released ahead of the full length in May. To celebrate (we love to celebrate), we'll be hosting Pokey and his band here at Third Man in our Blue Room live venue for a record release party / direct to acetate recording session on June 1st.

I dont own too many third man records but on my recent trip to Nashville I visited the store. It was a real cool experience. They have a machine in there that makes a wax guitar. Photo booth etc. I was dissapointed with the size and merch of the store but I was still over joyed to be there.

I'm going to Nashville on business in a few weeks, I'm excited to hit up Third Man and Grimeys.

Grimeys is badass, be careful around 3rd man.. really rough area

You don't get out much, do you? I know it's all relative (I recently moved from Brooklyn to Nashville) but classifying the area as "really rough" is kind of ridiculous. There's some kind of a center across the street and medium-sized groups of people outside as a result, but nothing to warrant instilling fear in someone who's never been.