Shit on bands here

"The Offspring is an American punk rock band from Huntington Beach, California, formed in 1984.[2] Formed under the name Manic Subsidal, the band consists of lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Dexter Holland, lead guitarist Noodles, bassist Greg K. and drummer Pete Parada. They are credited—alongside fellow California punk bands like Rancid,[3] Sublime,[4] Green Day, and Bad Religion—for reviving interest in punk rock in the 1990s.[5] They have sold over 40 million records worldwide,[6][7] being considered one of the best-selling punk rock bands of all time.

Fuck any one with the "something the something" band name.

Foster the people, young the giant, jukebox the ghost.

Also, Bastille can fuck right off forever.

In Mark Foster's defense, he named the band Foster and the People, but whenever he would try to promote his band the promoters seemed to always assume they were called Foster the People, so he changed the band name to what everyone already thought it was called.

Y'all seem to be missing the joke with Offspring. A lot of their singles (cruising california, hit that, pretty fly, etc) are intentionally bad and lyrically making fun of the typical song like that. I'm not saying that makes them good, or the song good, but it was never meant to either, its a bunch of guys just having fun making fun of shitty music.

Y'all seem to be missing the joke with Offspring. A lot of their singles (cruising california, hit that, pretty fly, etc) are intentionally bad and lyrically making fun of the typical song like that. I'm not saying that makes them good, or the song good, but it was never meant to either, its a bunch of guys just having fun making fun of shitty music.

Like how "Why Don't You Get A Job?" is like "Obla Di Obla Da", which is considered a shitty Beatles song?

I love Kaye West because his ego is basically performance art at this point. Like, he HAS to be in on it and just fucking with people.

Good producer, mediocre to bad rapper though.

I'm being too positive for this thread. I'm at a point where music I would hate doesn't even really register with me anymore, so I'll take an easy potshot at Emmure because they're playing my city on Sunday. Garbage music for trash people. I saw them open for Misery Signals once and it was some of the worst shit I've ever heard. Plus their fans are a bunch of soft ass narcs. Outside the venue two kids in flat brims were telling two cops "We're scared to go back inside because FSU is beating people up for no reason." I can say with 100% certainty this was not the case. Bonus LOLZ because the cop's response was "FSU? Those are the guys with X's on their hands, right?"

What did you expect from a cop? Ha ha, that is a funny response though.

"Hey uh dispatch, we got some of those kids with the X's on their hands beatin on other kids"

I'll jump back on Kanye. He's a piece of shit and I don't know if he's actually smart enough to comprehend/put on performance art of that caliber.

I found the whole thing hilarious but at the time I was just worried the show was going to get shut down. I kinda wanted to go talk to the kids and find out what the fuck they thought they were talking about. I had nothing better to do during Emmure's set than watch the pit and it was just some lame "kids who think they're tough karate chopping the air" shit. No one got hurt and no one was starting shit. Judging by how young they looked I think they just read some shit about the Boston Beatdown videos online and got scared that dudes were moshing. But seriously, who just walks up to some cops and tells them ANYTHING?

Brand New is supposed to be "punk rock"?

I like Brand New but anyone who calls them "punk rock" can't be older than 12.

When did stage moshing become such a "thing"? I've been seeing it in videos a lot lately, but in a decade of going to shows have never seen it IRL once.

Get on stage and jump off, dweebs. No one wants to see your sweet pit moves.

I've never seen it IRL either, but I do see alot of jabronis stage potatoing or awkwardly standing with the band unsure of what to do. I was at a Joyce Manor show and some chubby chola pop punk scene princess went up on stage to yell lyrics with everyone and instead of diving like a couretous person she proceeded to stand awkwardly and then jump down slowly but not after grabbing the bass's neck and muting it mid song to help her get down. 

My favorite memory from going to shows when I was younger was seeing Jacob Bannon literally kick someone off the stage when they did the deer in headlights "I don't know what to do now" thing.

Jump first, ask questions later. It's actually kind of exhilarating to be mid air and realize you might hit the ground and die.

Not that I've been to a lot of "punk rock" shows, but there's a very fine line between interesting, exhilarating aggression and just being a total prick about it. There's a local band that plays the same kind of fasty/shouty/screamy whatevercore that I've seen a few times, and they usually do this thing of saying: "I want to see you cunts shoving your elbow into the face of the person next to you. Get involved!"

Eh, go fuck yourself.

Brand New is supposed to be "punk rock"?

Pop-punk, I'm sorry. The point I was making is that the definition of "punk rock" has been/is being stretched to a ridiculous extent, and that demeans the value of being "punk rock."

I wouldn't want to be a "punk" if people thought of New Found Glory instead of Black Flag when I said "punk rock." Unfortunately, a lot of people already associate the word with bands like that, or even worse, metalcore and post-hardcore.

tl;dr the point is that bands like NFG and Brand New are an entirely different genre from "punk rock" and people need to come to terms with that before Katy Perry is labeled as punk