Shit on bands here

Fuck most modern Pop-Punk bands (Excluding The Swellers) and fuckin pop punk kids.

Also fuck Brand New. I could get into them if they weren't the band pop punk kids use when they talk about how much they like emo.

Fuck Lana Del Ray. Hyperbole of pretentious.

I'm done

I back this post except Modern Baseball and TWY are really good. I hate Brand New so much.

I hate CHVRCHES. Partly because my sister is watching their live Coachella performance on TV and I want to watch the NHL playoffs, but also because their music is annoying. It sounds like a bunch of beeps and boops with whiny girl vocals.

I love this band so much; I never knew I liked sythpop.

I missed Chvrches' performance and got stuck watching shitty Foster the People.

I back this post except Modern Baseball and TWY are really good. I hate Brand New so much.

Modern Baseball is alright, hate the fanbase they've collected tho, but I guess that's not really preventable on their part. Used to be big on TWY, but they've oversold themselves, and the new record is just whiney with some good inbetween (ie: Cul-de-sac). I miss Suburbia.

Modern Baseball is alright, hate the fanbase they've collected tho, but I guess that's not really preventable on their part. Used to be big on TWY, but they've oversold themselves, and the new record is just whiney with some good inbetween (ie: Cul-de-sac). I miss Suburbia.

Yeah, the fanbases suck and I'm not big on the new TWY but the new MB is killer.

I love this band so much; I never knew I liked sythpop.

I missed Chvrches' performance and got stuck watching shitty Foster the People.

Is Chvrches considered synthpop? 

Sometimes when people say "I hate Brand New so much", I just assume they're trying to be edgy and go against the grain.

I don't hate Brand New, but I don't see their appeal at all, it just seems like pretty generic music. 

I've heard every album aside from Daisy. I don't enjoy it. Only Fight off your demons is good.

This was my point. I like them, but they seem too "normal" for anyone to actually "hate them so much". I'm sure plenty of people don't like their music which is cool.

God dammit, am I actually being that guy who defends Brand New on a message board?

This was my point. I like them, but they seem too "normal" for anyone to actually "hate them so much". I'm sure plenty of people don't like their music which is cool.

God dammit, am I actually being that guy who defends Brand New on a message board?

99% of the Brand New hate can be attributed to the fanbase, hype, and discussions that seem to permeate every thread.  The band members themselves fly well beneath the radar; anyone who's ragging on them as human beings is probably still bitter about the dollar they lost for TDAG lyrics.  And I do find it a little pompous that they've adapted such a "Eh, we do what we want when we want... and you guys will still lap it up" mentality.  They can go 4 years without so much as a tease for a new album, and still sell out of pre-orders... and they know it.

But as far as musically speaking, no one would be hating on Brand New if they weren't plastered all over Tumblr, or if TDAG wasn't hailed by so many as "the best album of all time".  If no one gave half a shit and let them do their own thing without any publicity whatsoever, there would be hardly any complaining or harping.

Not necessarily defending the band here.  Just saying that the fanbase leaves a bad taste in most people's mouth before they even sit down and really listen to the music.  I can still enjoy Brand New, but I have no problem in admitting that they're extremely overrated.

99% of the Brand New hate can be attributed to the fanbase, hype, and discussions that seem to permeate every thread.

I listened to Déjà Entendu and I just straight up didn't like the music. Didn't care for the whole whisper...scream...whisper...scream flow to it.

I get your point though. It's not the things you list that make me dislike them, but they are reasons why I probably end up saying I dislike them more than any other other band (in terms of quantity of times it is brought up).

I listened to Déjà Entendu and I just straight up didn't like the music. Didn't care for the whole whisper...scream...whisper...scream flow to it.

I get your point though. It's not the things you list that make me dislike them, but they are reasons why I probably end up saying I dislike them more than any other other band (in terms of quantity of times it is brought up).

I don't think you listened to déjà.

And fangs, Yfw was high school rock. Everything beyond that displays enough maturity to hold up.