Shit on bands here

Hey a young talent hits the scene and she's original and can actually sing! LETS ALL HATE HER!

"oRiGiNaL"

Justin Bieber was a young talent who could sing too. Doesn't mean I have to like it. In fact I can hate it.

Edit: I don't hate her talent, and she's not the idiot Justin Bieber is, but it's just corporate grown "indie" pop music. She's been signed to Universal since she was 13. Sure she may be talented, but she's just cultivated by mainstream music giants to be the next big thing. As bad as most pop music is currently, companies like Universal/WMG are totally seeing trends in music which is shifting towards this weird indie pop movement, and that's why we're getting music like Bastille and Lorde played to us.

"oRiGiNaL"

Justin Bieber was a young talent who could sing too. Doesn't mean I have to like it. In fact I can hate it.

Edit: I don't hate her talent, and she's not the idiot Justin Bieber is, but it's just corporate grown "indie" pop music. She's been signed to Universal since she was 13. Sure she may be talented, but she's just cultivated by mainstream music giants to be the next big thing. As bad as most pop music is currently, companies like Universal/WMG are totally seeing trends in music which is shifting towards this weird indie pop movement, and that's why we're getting music like Bastille and Lorde played to us.

THIS MAN JUST GETS ME

"The big labels saw trends in what's popular, so they created something beyond the normal pop mold along the lines of what's cool in indie rock. BURN THE WITCH"

"The big labels saw trends in what's popular, so they created something beyond the normal pop mold along the lines of what's cool in indie rock. BURN THE WITCH"

Idk if what I'm saying is clicking with you, but mainstream music is generic. In all realms of whatever genre it's in, mainstream pop music will always be the most generic of its peers, because it is built on trends and will never be something we haven't heard before. I don't like generic music. Call me a hipster, but I don't listen to the radio. I don't hate her because she's on the radio, I don't even hate her. Her music just sucks to me. The fact that it's played on the radio nonstop doesn't do anything to help my opinion of her music.

We're in a generation where the majority like what is spoon fed to them, and spoon fed being the radio. 

Then there is the "educated" crowd who thinks that they have a better taste than others, and only think that releases with good Pitchfork reviews are "good" music.

Then there's the crowd that likes what they like and doesn't care what others think. 

Pitchfork sucks. The radio sucks. I don't like pop music. The radio plays pop music. I don't like the radio. Lorde is pop. Not sure why I have to defend myself about what I don't like. I could use your same arguments to defend Justin Bieber. It's all subjective, and that's the wonderful thing about music. This thread is called shit on bands. I am shitting on them. Leave me alone. 

so you don't like the radio... so why are you listening to the radio? why are you in a position to listen to her to even have an opinion?

the difference between her and beiber, which should go without saying, it that she's a modest talent on the scene right now who as provided herself as nothing else. bieber, however, is a menace to society who has presented himself as nothing more than a piece of shit.

also need to point out that i've heard one song by this girl. i liked it when i first heard it, and then avoided it when i got the sense that overplay was inevitable.

if you're going to compare her to anyone, it should be adele.

adele is brutally overplayed. has been since she arrived. but at least she deserves it. 

so you don't like the radio... so why are you listening to the radio? why are you in a position to listen to her to even have an opinion?

the difference between her and beiber, which should go without saying, it that she's a modest talent on the scene right now who as provided herself as nothing else. bieber, however, is a menace to society who has presented himself as nothing more than a piece of shit.

also need to point out that i've heard one song by this girl. i liked it when i first heard it, and then avoided it when i got the sense that overplay was inevitable.

if you're going to compare her to anyone, it should be adele.

adele is brutally overplayed. has been since she arrived. but at least she deserves it. 

I listen to the radio because there's a good radio station that plays whatever they want and it's great. I actually listened to her entire album, and made my opinion on that. Sure compare her to whomever you'd like. 

I've learned to tolerate the radio because my tape deck is broken and I don't want to spend an hour in dead silence every day driving to and from work.

Although sometimes I will just listen to commercials because all the stations are playing unlistenable garbage at the same time.

I have one of those handy XM tapes that you can plug into you're ipod. Works pretty well actually. Look into getting one.

I have one of those handy XM tapes that you can plug into you're ipod. Works pretty well actually. Look into getting one.

I had one but the tape deck is busted. I used to have one of those adapters that used radio frequencies but it was pretty much useless. Never could get it to come through clearly or consistently.

Sometimes they play something cool on the radio though. I heard Prince on the way home tonight.

you hate the radio but like the radio station that overplays what you hate?

What? I like a radio station that plays whatever they want...that's not bought out to play nicki minaj, lil wayne, justin bieber, lorde, whateer is considered pop and playing on top 40. They play everything from obscure trance to violent femmes. What are you talking about?