Mondo Prints

Is UV glass better? yes. Does it make sense to spend $200+ on a frame for a $40-50 poster? Not really.

If the wall space you envision is exposed to a lot of natural light then yes, UV glass makes sense. I only use UV glass for original works of art not something that is one of 200-500. It keeps the hobby affordable.

the price difference between the normal and UV glass isn't that significant either. the most expensive part of custom framing is the frame itself--especially if it's wood. the metal frames are cheaper. double matting costs a lot more too. this is the most recent custom job i did of some original 5x5 pen drawings i used for my wedding favors, with UV glass, and it was about $130.

[image]

shit framing is so expensive i hate it. the one custom frame i ever got was the cheapest possible one (metal frame & basic glass) at Hobby Lobby back in 2003 for a Pearl Jam print and the frame ended up costing more than the print! i think the print was like $50 and then the frame was $90 AND THEY TRIMMED THE ACTUAL PRINT! i was so freaking pissed that with a custom frame they HAD to trim the print because they said it was an unusual size...i told them what was the point of a custom frame if they couldn't make the damn thing fit.

and they never even called me to ask if trimming the print was okay

http://firewireblog.com/2012/05/01/mondo-to-release-adventure-time-gallery-posters-on-wednesday-may-2-2012/

The gallery had these 3 prints plus the one I posted. They wouldn't say how many they had of either and they didn't even announce to anyone that they had them because they didn't want people just coming in just to buy the prints. They wanted people who were just coming in for the show to be able to get something which I respect.

• 2 weeks later...

The ET poster they just previewed is awesome. E.T. is easily in my Top-50 movies of all time and possibly in the Top-25. Spielberg used to treat his kid characters like real people instead of overly-idealized and sanitized shells of reality.

I really need to make a friend in Austin that can pick me stuff up.

Bad news to folks wanting Adventure Time prints...all gone. Sorry to all those who wanted one. I tried :(

I'm super excited about the Mystery Movie in July though. I have high hopes of it being awesome especially since its number 10.

I personally thought the Rocky III & Paths of Glory prints were awesome but I'm not a big Rocky fan and since I just payed a ton on the Mystery Movie I couldn't really afford Paths

Bad news to folks wanting Adventure Time prints...all gone. Sorry to all those who wanted one. I tried :(

I'm super excited about the Mystery Movie in July though. I have high hopes of it being awesome especially since its number 10.

I personally thought the Rocky III & Paths of Glory prints were awesome but I'm not a big Rocky fan and since I just payed a ton on the Mystery Movie I couldn't really afford Paths

Thanks anyway!

Guest realtalk

I'm a horror film fanatic and recently got my first Mondo print for "The Hills Have Eyes". The print looks ok online but wow, when you see them in real life it's an entirely different thing. Soooo well done and nice. Thanks for the framing video montauk123! :)

I'm a horror film fanatic and recently got my first Mondo print for "The Hills Have Eyes". The print looks ok online but wow, when you see them in real life it's an entirely different thing. Soooo well done and nice. Thanks for the framing video montauk123! :)

Definitely. I have some reasonably inexpensive concert screen prints that I've been meaning to frame for the longest. So, I'll me making reference to that video. I recently got ahold of the Tyler Stout print for Captain America. I'm going to try to drive out the the Hobby Lobby and see if they can do a quality, yet reasonably economic framing job for me. I'm not really down to spend 200+ dollars for a framing job, and last time I went to Michael's to get something framed, it seemed like that was my only option in terms of getting something "custom" framed.

I've heard Hobby Lobby is more on the economic side, but I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks

Guest realtalk

For anyone interested, a few posters go up for sale tomorrow... not really interested in them BUT there's also a cool Italian horror flick soundtrack that I will be getting. After that the next vinyl release is Drive! That's been so delayed because they've been ironing out distribution details. There'll be enough pressed to be in stores! :D