Mondo Prints

Definitely. I have some reasonably inexpensive concert screen prints that I've been meaning to frame for the longest. So, I'll me making reference to that video. I recently got ahold of the Tyler Stout print for Captain America. I'm going to try to drive out the the Hobby Lobby and see if they can do a quality, yet reasonably economic framing job for me. I'm not really down to spend 200+ dollars for a framing job, and last time I went to Michael's to get something framed, it seemed like that was my only option in terms of getting something "custom" framed.

I've heard Hobby Lobby is more on the economic side, but I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks

Hobby Lobby is a great name. My shop's name is Blinn's Barn. Not as good. That's all I really have to add.

Guest realtalk

About an hour ago it said less than 200 left and now it says less than 50 left. Wish I could've been guaranteed one of the blue ones for ordering direct but oh wellz. The package will be exquisite and I'm a fan of the tunes too, of course!

Guest realtalk

Picked up The Beyond soundtrack LP. It'd be cool to get the Color one. Hoping it'll be just as easy for Drive.

That^^^

They pressed 1500 for The Beyond, 1000 black, 500 blue.

Drive won't be as nearly as limited from what I hear plus it'll be in stores. I don't think The Beyond will be in stores really except maybe around here in Austin. I'll post pictures of the vinyl when I go pick it up at the gallery tomorrow. It's such a good soundtrack too. The movie is pretty awesome as well

Guest realtalk

Record sounds fantastic. No issues what-so-ever and everything sounds really clean. Very happy with this release

Nice! Is this guy reliable or what!!? :D

I recently received the Captain America print. I have a concern about it though. Seeing as this was my first Mondo print, I'm a bit confused about the product I received. I thought the print was going to be printed on a better quality canvas. It seems as if though the print I got is just like poster paper. Not sure if all Mondo prints are like this.

Just to clarify, this was the Captain America print by Tyler Stout that was exclusive to the screening at San Diego Comic Con. Here's one that's on eBay if you need a better description:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_qi=RTM1084480&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9210079830553639768&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=320925106106&nma=true&rt=nc&si=kxaEQraOKpYn317sicVkkspngX8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1362

I recently received the Captain America print. I have a concern about it though. Seeing as this was my first Mondo print, I'm a bit confused about the product I received. I thought the print was going to be printed on a better quality canvas. It seems as if though the print I got is just like poster paper. Not sure if all Mondo prints are like this.

Just to clarify, this was the Captain America print by Tyler Stout that was exclusive to the screening at San Diego Comic Con. Here's one that's on eBay if you need a better description:

http://www.ebay.com/...c#ht_500wt_1362

this is a reproduction they were giving away(?) at the SDCC . its basically like a poster you buy at target. the real "prints" is on thick archival paper and the painting is hand made screen print.

It's in the Mondo Archive. Here it is...

http://www.mondoarch...a-sdcc-variant/

Edit: Did a bit more research, here's a little more about this. It's an offset poster:

07.21.11 - - - -

as some of you may have heard, marvel is giving away offset posters of the captain america poster to people attending the comicon screening of captain america.

i haven't seen them in person and won't be selling any offsets (no offsets will be sold anywhere i believe, its a free item), but the easy way to tell the difference is the comicon versions have a red flag up top. not blue like the screenprints .

plus they won't have metallic inks or be screenprinted. so just be aware if you purchase one on the secondary market.