mewithoutYou - Ten Stories

the first time i listened to It's All Crazy... was on a really long road trip and when i popped in the cd i just thought "what the fuck is this and why is there so many references to food?!" it made me angry and hungry so i didn't really like it at first but i like it now
This cracked me up. I can imagine being in that situation. That album would NEVER be in my "stranded island" list of albums for sure.

just announced they have 1000 more deluxe box sets

Whoa. According to the product page, there's going to be 1000 of each color now. So I'm guessing these haven't gone into production yet.

Here's their post on it:

Good news! The pre-sale has been a hugely successful so far and in less than 24 hours we sold out of all Deluxe Box Sets. We initially thought 1,000 of these Deluxe Box Sets we’re going to last us the 5 weeks leading up to the street date. So when they started to fly like hot cakes on Tuesday we thought to ourselves “Man, we should’ve made more.” But we weren’t going to do that. To say a pressing is limited to a 1,000 and then bump up that number just to sell more copies, we felt would’ve been a disingenuous move . “You live and you learn. Next time we’ll do more.”

But as it turns our online merch company is working with somewhat of an antiquated system where they have to manually pull down items in the store if they get too close to their stock limit. Long story short the guys who handle our online sales weren’t able to pull the Deluxe Box Sets from the store in time and oversold them by 265 copies. So we we’re left with the choices Refund those 265 orders or Order more. It seems clear that there is a demand for this product and we don’t want to bum anyone out who already think they’re getting Deluxe Box Set in June only to be told they aren’t. So today we made some calls to the manufacturers today and bumped up all our orders by an additional 1,000. Which works out better for our costs cause we hit certain price breaks at that amount. So really everybody wins here except for the people who think 1,000 copies is cooler than 2,000 copies. For that we are sorry but they’ll probably get over it, right? And if exclusivity is really your concern then you can rest easy knowing that this time when we say 2,000 copies we mean 2,000 copies. So back on the table is another 1,000 Icy Blue and another 1,000 Audiophile Black.

So really everybody wins here except for the people who think 1,000 copies is cooler than 2,000 copies. For that we are sorry but they’ll probably get over it, right? And if exclusivity is really your concern then you can rest easy knowing that this time when we say 2,000 copies we mean 2,000 copies.

Love this.