What do you do while listening to records?

Drink whiskey.

This.

Most of the time I'll try to just sit or lay down and enjoy the music. It can be tough to find the time for that. I'll often clean or cook while listening to vinyl. I don't like to browse the internet or play video games. I like reading but I feel like my attention is divided between the book and the music I'm listening too.

my living room is pretty central in the house so i listen while i'm cooking, cleaning or sitting out in the backyard in the sun (oftentimes with a drink). occasionally, i'll listen while i'm on the internet, but it's usually only if i'm just looking stuff up real quick and not devoting much attention to whatever it is i'm surfing.

i can't really listen while i'm reading a book or watching sports/tv.

My player is in my bedroom (master bedroom, directly across from the bathroom) so I either sit with my laptop like right now, read, or take a shower. Sometimes I'll do some exercises.

I would love to play a record while I cooked, but all the way downstairs, it has to be on full-blast and when other people are home I generally don't do that.

When I lived in Syracuse, I would do everything in my room, so I'd sit at my desk which was next to my player and either do homework, read, play video games, or sit on my bedroom porch, which was the greatest thing ever, and watch thunderstorms which is my favorite past-time. I love destructive weather like heavy snowstorms, thunderstorms, etc. I'm pissed I was in England for the October Storm in 2007. Listening to Godspeed play music that makes it seem like the world is ending while watching a violent storm is a ton of fun. I miss that porch.

Lay down and close my eyes.

This. I also like listening as intently as possible to hear the mix, and any stereo field manipulation that may or may not be going on. Basically I try to listen to the overall production...

/recording geekiness

this, always this for the first spin of a record...after the initial spin I'll occasionally use the internet while listening

When I lived in Syracuse, I would do everything in my room, so I'd sit at my desk which was next to my player and either do homework, read, play video games, or sit on my bedroom porch, which was the greatest thing ever, and watch thunderstorms which is my favorite past-time. I love destructive weather like heavy snowstorms, thunderstorms, etc. I'm pissed I was in England for the October Storm in 2007. Listening to Godspeed play music that makes it seem like the world is ending while watching a violent storm is a ton of fun. I miss that porch.

This sounds fucking awesome.

Cook. It was always my dream to have a living room connected enough to a Kitchen to do so. Living with roomates in a house the last two years botched that. My new place though is a one bedroom and is perfect for it. Best time to listen.

I live in a one bedroom, and my kitchen is attached to my living room, and when I'm not at school and have time to cook, I play records at the same time. It is super relaxing to do that, and def one of my favorite ways to listen to records, although having to flip the record over in the middle of cooking can be a bit of a pain in the ass.