What do you do while listening to records?

Vary rarely do I have time to just sit and listen to a record and do nothing else, except in the morning when I'm having my coffee. Most of the time now a days I play video games, or read/study/write papers while listening to records. Occasionally I also watch sports, I see a lot of muted baseball + records in my future for the summer.

So I was wondering what you guys do, because I can't be the only one that does other things while listening to records.

Cook. It was always my dream to have a living room connected enough to a Kitchen to do so. Living with roomates in a house the last two years botched that. My new place though is a one bedroom and is perfect for it. Best time to listen.

I live in a one bedroom, and my kitchen is attached to my living room, and when I'm not at school and have time to cook, I play records at the same time. It is super relaxing to do that, and def one of my favorite ways to listen to records, although having to flip the record over in the middle of cooking can be a bit of a pain in the ass.

pretty much anything that i normally do, only with music playing.

tho i really like to do nothing except sit and listen, maybe play with the art or read the lyrics or something.

but i'm a busy guy, i have to dad and cook and clean and shit too, and i like to listen to records while doing all that stuff as well.

Cook. It was always my dream to have a living room connected enough to a Kitchen to do so. Living with roomates in a house the last two years botched that. My new place though is a one bedroom and is perfect for it. Best time to listen.

this...... i always loved listening to records while i cooked.

things have changed a bit since i had kids so i work second shift and get home around 10:30PM so i usually just listen with my headphones and surf the internet and post here.

Go through the available liner notes, look up the band's website and read bio info or info about the album on wikipedia. And if it's something I just received in the mail, I'm normally writing a blog about it for my site.

I really should just put everything away and sit and relax and listen.

Lay down and close my eyes.

This. I also like listening as intently as possible to hear the mix, and any stereo field manipulation that may or may not be going on. Basically I try to listen to the overall production...

/recording geekiness