Hey Travis (RE:Finch WIITB)

props to them if they can pull a "fade out" off live

Funny story (to me at least), I did merch for Finch on their very first US tour right after they had recorded WIITB (the tour was cut short due to 9-11, we were in Hartford, CT that morning but were supposed to be in NYC on 9-11). While we were on the road they would get new mixes of the album from Mark Trombino to approve. One of the mixes they got had some extra stuff on the end of Project Mayem, that track was originally only a minute and a half long or so, all of the other stuff was Mark fucking around and he made that all from other parts of the song. They really liked it but one of their first comments were "how the hell are we gonna learn to play this live". I've always thought that was funny.

Funny story (to me at least), I did merch for Finch on their very first US tour right after they had recorded WIITB (the tour was cut short due to 9-11, we were in Hartford, CT that morning but were supposed to be in NYC on 9-11). While we were on the road they would get new mixes of the album from Mark Trombino to approve. One of the mixes they got had some extra stuff on the end of Project Mayem, that track was originally only a minute and a half long or so, all of the other stuff was Mark fucking around and he made that all from other parts of the song. They really liked it but one of their first comments were "how the hell are we gonna learn to play this live". I've always thought that was funny.

I've always wanted to see them play that live but every show I've been to they never did. :/

Honestly, I had never met one person who liked SHTS until I saw this thread on here.

Everyone I know like say hello way more. I don't know how anyone can not like it. They improved 400% (exactly). Lyrics are more poetic, it's heavier, the drums and guitar are WAY more intricate.

I've always wanted to see them play that live but every show I've been to they never did. :/

Obviously being on tour with them i've seen them play it live quite a few times, but i think after that tour when the album came out i only saw them play it in its entirety once. All the other times were the shortened original version.

Honestly, I had never met one person who liked SHTS until I saw this thread on here.

Personally i love that album because i think it represents each of their actual musical tastes.

WIITB had a lot of influence from Drive Thru. ie Stay With Me was written because DTR wanted them to write a less heavy song w/ a STD feel that they could market cause at the time heavy music wasnt as popular. Keep in mind The Used wern't even a band when WIITB was written & recorded.