The talk about your pets thread.

i got a puppy last week and he's too cute for his own good. he wants to play with my cat, but the cats scared shitless.

This brings my total head count up to:

1 dog

2 cats

a 20 gallon aquarium full of african cichlids

and a goldfish

Commence parent-like boasting about your four legged buddies!

4 dogs:

joedog & lizzie (twin lab-chows that were katrina rescues)

baxter (the runt of the litter at a fighting dog ring, was being used as a training dog)

jazzy (a pit/boston mix we got from a dude being shipped off to iraq)

2 cats

cleo (a bengal)

chompers (a snowleopard ... half bengal/haf siamese)

a 125 gallon fish tank

3 koi & a small chinese algae eater

Two of the most spoiled cats ever

Selby Woo (named after my favorite author Hubert Selby Jr. and the tv show the mystery files of shelby woo)

Tippie Toe (named because she is an inbred mongoloid with 6 toes on her front paws and my fiancee loves The Birds with Tippie Hedron)

Tippie rules the roost because Selby is a huge pussy....

We've got 2 dogs, Johnny D and Sasha. JD is a total mutt that we got from an organization (www.arfontario.com) who rescues strays from the native reserves. Sasha is a chocolate lab/Aussie mix, and she's crazy! We got her from a dude who didn't want her anymore.

We also have a cat, Bradley, who I got from the humane society about 9 years ago. He likes to listen to vinyl with me.

I also have a red eared slider turtle that I've had for about 24 yrs.

My wife and I also foster (currently on our 7th, Skipper) for the organization I mentioned above. Skip got run over by a car when he was just 4 weeks old and just had some major hip surgery done to remove the femur head on his right side. He's getting around great now!

My cat is a dick. He gave my grandma cancer.

what?

Don't get me wrong, I love him like a child, but yeah, he gave my grandma cancer. She fed him and my dog while I was at Roo last year and he bit her full force on the leg (he's got aggression issues in general) and she had to go to the ER. Long story short the wound ended up developing skin cancer, not terribly harmful, but she had to get it burned off. It makes for a better story to just say he gave her cancer though.

4 dogs:

joedog & lizzie (twin lab-chows that were katrina rescues)

baxter (the runt of the litter at a fighting dog ring, was being used as a training dog)

jazzy (a pit/boston mix we got from a dude being shipped off to iraq)

2 cats

cleo (a bengal)

chompers (a snowleopard ... half bengal/haf siamese)

a 125 gallon fish tank

3 koi & a small chinese algae eater

Do you have pictures of the lab-chows? We have a chow also that we rescued after the 2004 onslaught of hurricanes here and he is a mix with something and we can't pin it down. Would be curious if they look similar.

Two of the most spoiled cats ever

Selby Woo (named after my favorite author Hubert Selby Jr. and the tv show the mystery files of shelby woo)

Tippie Toe (named because she is an inbred mongoloid with 6 toes on her front paws and my fiancee loves The Birds with Tippie Hedron)

Tippie rules the roost because Selby is a huge pussy....

Long live Pat Morita

[image]

I have three kats. The first is Miss Josephine - she was a Brooklyn alley kat that came in one day and never left me. The second is Snicket. He's over 20 pounds and FIV positive. He is called the Mayor of McLaren Street because he loves everyone - he follows my son around all day. He's awesome and lucky he wound up with us since FIV cats are typically destroyed. (He has not infected any other cat fyi)

[image]

DSC_0822 by davecassidy77, on Flickr

[image]

DSC_0559 by davecassidy77, on Flickr

We've got 2 dogs, Johnny D and Sasha. JD is a total mutt that we got from an organization (www.arfontario.com) who rescues strays from the native reserves. Sasha is a chocolate lab/Aussie mix, and she's crazy! We got her from a dude who didn't want her anymore.

We also have a cat, Bradley, who I got from the humane society about 9 years ago. He likes to listen to vinyl with me.

I also have a red eared slider turtle that I've had for about 24 yrs.

My wife and I also foster (currently on our 7th, Skipper) for the organization I mentioned above. Skip got run over by a car when he was just 4 weeks old and just had some major hip surgery done to remove the femur head on his right side. He's getting around great now!

cool i used to have a red eared slider too. that turtle will totally outlive you, hahah

My family has a Pug and my GF has a Toy Poodle, we decided to take them for a walk in the Metroparks yesterday afternoon. MY pug made it a good 30mins into the walk uphill and just starting going crazy with her breathing. We ended up spending a total of like 1hr at the park because my dog is lazy lol

Me and my girlfriend have a cat, a tabby/bengal cross called Sadie. She's awesome, we rescued her about 18 months ago. She was rehomed to us as an indoor cat so has only just had her first vets visit since we got her, poor little fucker had to get four teeth removed, kinda bummed me out cos she looks less like a mini leopard now.

I've got a 55 gallon tank with a large rainbow shark, large striped Raphael catfish, small spotted Raphael, lace catfish, large yogo loach, a silver tipped shark and a pictus catfish. I also have a 5 gallon with some brand new baby electric blue crayfish that are too small for the big tank.