The talk about your pets thread.

This is Thomas and Laxmi - They are possibly the best kitties on the planet and i miss them dearly. A few years ago my girlfriend was working at the vets office in Philly. One day a couple dropped off a litter of 7 3-week old kittens. This couple was feeding a momma cat, but saw she had been hit by a car. They knew she had a litter of kittens behind their house so they rounded them up and took them to the vet's office. We fostered the 7 bottle baby kittens until they could be adopted out. My girlfriend already had two old cats and i knew we would be moving into together soon so i did not adopt any. However, my roommate adopted two of the kittens, a brother and sister, Thomas and Laxmi. They are the most socialized and affectionate cats i have ever seen. My old roommate has since gotten married and moved to Madison, WI. i miss my kitties.

[image]

the girlfriend and i adopted two cats over the weekend and will hopefully be picking them up today. one is a two month old black cat and the other has siamese build and is mostly white all over but the tail is striped. their names from the shelter are max and young. i suggested rapper names weezy and young slim. my girlfriend did not approve. nor did she think blackface for the black cat would be a good idea.

This is Hannah. She is a 9 year old Yorkshire Terrier. She usually looks much happier but she became sick over the weekend. I'm pretty sure she has worms right now because I noticed a couple small white ones in her stool on Sunday =(

Thankfully I was able to get an appt. at the vets office today.

[image]

This is my baby girl Lizzie. I got her at 8 weeks old and had her for 8 years until she suddenly and inexplicably passed away about 6 months ago. It was rough.

[image]

[image]

she's absolutely stunning. i'm really sorry for your loss. I lost my best buddy Joey in the end of November and it's the worst thing I've ever been through. almost 5 months later it doesn't feel any better.

this is Joey. beagle/german shepherd:

[image]

I've got an overweight chocolate lab-assuie shepherd mix that's mine. Her name is Miley, yes, named after Miley Cyrus for some reason. She is somewhere around 8 years old, and is a hand-me-down. I've owned her for 4.5 years and before that she lived with a really good friend for almost two, and her roommate's cousin before that. She had parvo and heartworm at the same time when I came home from Syracuse University and was supposed to take her. I voted to put her down, but people pooled over $2000 together to do the treatment which was a coin-flip, and she lived. That's why it's funny that she lives with me now.

On top of that, I live at home where we have a 14 year old yellow lab named Lucy. She was overweight most of her life, but when my mom went into the hospital I slimmed her down quite a bit. She lost like 30 pounds to be in the 70-80 lb ideal window for labs. She's funny.

The two of them together is great. My mom had the master bedroom forever, and that's where Lucy slept. When I moved home, I took the master bedroom and Miley sleeps in there with me. The dogs have CONSTANT wars about this. They're never bad, but it's a chess match about getting there first, blocking the other, making sure the other can't get on the bed, sometimes even up or down the stairs. It's so funny to watch.

I've got an overweight chocolate lab-assuie shepherd mix that's mine. Her name is Miley, yes, named after Miley Cyrus for some reason. She is somewhere around 8 years old, and is a hand-me-down. I've owned her for 4.5 years and before that she lived with a really good friend for almost two, and her roommate's cousin before that. She had parvo and heartworm at the same time when I came home from Syracuse University and was supposed to take her. I voted to put her down, but people pooled over $2000 together to do the treatment which was a coin-flip, and she lived. That's why it's funny that she lives with me now.

On top of that, I live at home where we have a 14 year old yellow lab named Lucy. She was overweight most of her life, but when my mom went into the hospital I slimmed her down quite a bit. She lost like 30 pounds to be in the 70-80 lb ideal window for labs. She's funny.

The two of them together is great. My mom had the master bedroom forever, and that's where Lucy slept. When I moved home, I took the master bedroom and Miley sleeps in there with me. The dogs have CONSTANT wars about this. They're never bad, but it's a chess match about getting there first, blocking the other, making sure the other can't get on the bed, sometimes even up or down the stairs. It's so funny to watch.

Hey Matt, can you post a pick of Miley? I want to compare our overweight chocolate lab/Aussie mixes!

This is my baby girl Lizzie. I got her at 8 weeks old and had her for 8 years until she suddenly and inexplicably passed away about 6 months ago. It was rough.

she's absolutely stunning. i'm really sorry for your loss. I lost my best buddy Joey in the end of November and it's the worst thing I've ever been through. almost 5 months later it doesn't feel any better.

this is Joey. beagle/german shepherd:

Thanks. I still constantly think about her and miss her. I've thought about getting something new, but I'm not sure I'd want something new yet. Sorry for your loss as well. It's a total bummer.

My GSD Abby. I don't have many pictures of her since she's back in PA with my parents but yeah. Here's one of when we first got her back in 2008 and one from last year when I did one of those "humiliate your dog dressing it like a hipster" pictures.

[image]

[image]

I think I've posted that last one before but I can't remember so here, have it again. She looks super weird in it because my mom is a dingus and gets her shaved since she doesn't grasp the concept that fur helps animals regulate their temperature and somehow thinks she's too hot in goddamn northwest PA.

Hey Matt, can you post a pick of Miley? I want to compare our overweight chocolate lab/Aussie mixes!

[image]

[image]

[image]

Compared to when I first got her and she was sickly-skinny...

[image]

The yellow lab is my older dog (this is like 4 years ago though) and the black one is my friend's black lab / shepherd mix (RIP).