IVWT Banned?

ITT: A company's address (that happens to sell records) is private info

but it's something that can be found on the internet. oh dang, wait isn't the internet public? so shouldn't they take it off of their website if they don't want it to be known?

pretty sure dude was pointing out how stupid it is that someone said that, not making the statement that it actuallyis private info...

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never heard about IVWT until this whole fiasco started up, but I'm definitely going to be start spending money there. Also I've never had a bad experience with SRC and although I think this situation they've gotten themselves into could have been handled better I'll continue to buy from them.

tl;dr

[image]

I've got a few minutes to just throw my thought in on this issue.

I am relatively new here. I've known about the site for years and over the years have read a thread here and there when googling around. Over the last month I've spend a foolish amount of time around these boards because I've got the money and time now to spend on music. Over the last month or so this site has saved me a ton of money on records with the deals threads. Without those I never would have ran across the deals at amazon, accoustic sounds or best buy.com. Also the site has introduced me to a handful of new distros, Invinylwetrust.com and vinyljunkiedistro both of whom I've placed orders with over the past month. Along with that this site has introduced me to some new music my lazy ass never would have heard.

In my, albeit limited time here, I honestly didn't even know that Shopradiocast was controlling the boards here. I did see the banner at the top and just thought it was standard advertising. Up until this recent fiasco I think it is impressive the a SRC was so cool with all the threads for cheap records everywhere. To be honest I can't think of anytime me being here that SRC was posting about there promotions or sales. I may strategically blind in that matter.

So all I am trying to say is that this board has provided me with a ton of value in a short amount of time. The drama ensuing is humorous to say the least. SRC seems to be acting peculiarly to say the least. But if SRC was my business I know I wouldn't want to own and operate a message board where competitors of mine advertise their companies. I know there is more "history" on these boards but nonetheless a for profit enterprise is running a message board that is endlessly being used to advertise competitors.

Perhaps ideally the board would be better off being controlled by an independent enterprise, but it isn't. It is ran by SRC who can more or less do what they want. If people want to try and move the community they can. It may split and take a long time to rebuild but that might be most ideal in the long term.

I'm not trying to SRC, in fact banning 1 distro seems odd, very odd. I would understand more if they banned all competitor "advertisemtent". By banning just IVWT it just seems odd.

tl:dr - Everyone is wrong, about everything. And I hate you.

but it's something that can be found on the internet. oh dang, wait isn't the internet public? so shouldn't they take it off of their website if they don't want it to be known?

pretty sure dude was pointing out how stupid it is that someone said that, not making the statement that it actuallyis private info...

[image] GIFSoup

apologies to anomynous

I don't know enough about this feud to pick a side or have any sort of witty insight, but I felt inclined to post on this thread, because 8 pages in about 7 hours is awesome. I feel the same way today about both parties that I felt yesterday.

Also, hobohunter, your cat picture made me laugh for reallies. Amazing!

I, personally at this point...all 8 pages so far of pulling pud...feel that I can neither formulate an opinion based on what little we do know. And I say "little" because it seems to me that neither party involved has given us the full-on story and maybe they never will.

So SRC ordered 3 copies of a record...for whatever reason, who cares...IVWT thought it was shady and asked them about it...however IVWT went about asking is whatever...then they got banned after some point. Whatever the real reasons for said banning, who knows...and we may never know.

All this talk about jumping ship and the pitchfork-weilding mob mentality of new admins and mods, is a bit over-reactive and almost knee-jerk reflex. Same exact shit happen when Virgilgate was exposed and things went down. Nothing really changed after the dust all settled.

Would it be any different if say Tre or Jake from Deathwish would have been banned? How about the Enjoy The Ride people?

I honestly don't know. Nor do I care anymore about the SRC vs. IVWT thing. Surely some would expect me to side with SRC because I mod the board, but that is far from the case. It all to me has very little impact on my daily life and record-buying habits. Sooooo...hence my indifference and apathy towards it all.

/rant (that probably doesn't make much sense)

honestly, if we would have learned our lesson from the whole virgil thing and given the board to something other than a distro, this wouldnt have happened again.

The problem is that it isn't our (the users) board to give. Virgil often said that this board got way more traffic and was more valuable than the actual VC site. I'm sure SRC paid a bit for it. Short of the board itself taking up a collection and talking SRC into selling, there's not really much we can do. Short of migrating to another board, that is.

Distributors have minimum order amounts. What likely happened, is that SRC had the albums listed as "in stock" a couple people ordered the records, they said "shit, we don't have this in stock" and as a quick remedy to the situation, they ordered 3 copies from IVWT, instead of having to place a 20pc or whatever minimum with the distributor. Not a big deal really, in my mind. Although it does seem like that is kind of par for the course for some companies/distros listing in stock records, that aren't really in stock yet.

I don't know enough about either one of em to hate or dislike anyone. They are both good people in my book. I'm more of a DIY type person, so I'm probably partial to IVWT, but yeah, I haven't bought or dealt too much with either place. Except that SRC are always really nice folks to me, and stock our records occasionally.

Nine pages of time, tears, effort and sweat over distros.

Maybe it's a hardcore thing, but who the fuck buys records from distros?!?!? I always buy directly from the label.

You know what I'm saying, Juan?

Maybe it is simple math. 10 $4 shipping charges > 1 $8 shipping charge.

Only time I buy from labels is stuff I am worried will sell out quickly, otherwise I would buy everything from distros.