PO - Bloc Party - Four

cover.1.png

'Four'.

Greetings Bloc-lings. As you may have heard, we've been beavering away over the winter working on a new record, and now that the parks and back-gardens have finally broken into glorious sunshine, we can seasonably announce its birth upon the world.

'Four' came together in a series of back-to-basics writing sessions in New York between November and April, and was skilfully guided, produced and mixed by the patient hands and ears of Alex Newport during two blocks of recording at New York's Stratosphere this spring.

Watch the album trailer:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4M5EqOGsMA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

The album is available to pre-order now in four different formats:

Standard CD

Jewel Case with 16 page booklet

Limited Edition CD

Digipack with 2x bonus tracks and 32 page booklet

Picture Disc 12" Vinyl

Including download code for the album

Heavyweight 12" Vinyl

Includes a CD of the album

For prices, information and to pre-order visit http://www.blocparty.com

Guest realtalk

The trailer sounds great! Picture discs keep sounding better and better so I think I'm going to chance it and grab that! Wonder what it's limited to?

Silent Alarm was a classic, but their last one was not good at all in my opinion. I'm still holding out hope though, but I'll have to wait to here it. I really hope they stray away from the electronic direction they were taking.

I actually quite enjoyed the electronic direction they were taking. That said, the trailer for Four is pretty exciting...

they've gotten worse with every record. i'll have to wait and listen.

i thought weekend in the city blew silent alarm out of the water!

but where this band really shines is their non album singles, out takes, and b-sides.

wasn't a big fan of intimacy, or kele's solo album at all.

i'm very hesitant about this new one (tho surprised, i thought they broke up).

i'm hoping they'll go back to their pretty shoegazy love songs instead of silly dance songs.

What I can't stand about picture discs like this is that they come in a plastic sleeve only.

That's ok for EPs, but for full lengths I likes me some proper packaging. Cover, liner notes, lyrics and all that.

Maybe I'm spoiled with quality POs recently that I don't see anything appealing in this that justifies preordering.

I love those guys, but will pick this up from a shop instead at some point...

Holy crap, that riff at 1:20 sounds like the best song Weezer never wrote. I want to hear more!

Funny you mention that part. German music magazine Visions just pointed out exactly the same sample and called it a mixture of Fang Island and Smashing Pumpkins. But I can also see where the Weezer reference comes from. Can't wait to hear the first single.